Kit Bashed Freight cars ?
All ..

This is out of curiosity, has anyone Kit bashed freight cars from almost everyday products such as Popsicle sticks,wooden Coffee Stir sticks,Wooden, those Berry baskets, Pop cans (soda) and Beir cans ?

ERIE RR
here is a pic or two of a freight car in S made of cardstock from a dry food box(cereal box etc.) and craft sticks.

Will post the pics soon as I find them 35

and some more pics

and here is a On30 stock car

I don't know if this qualifies. Can found in a CP caboose on a fantrip + Walthers beer can tank car kit.

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Big Grin Big Grin Liked the " CanCar4342 " - - - - - and it even "looked" bashed Wink Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
AF350 - I don't think I had seen that photo of the completed stock car yet - REALLY nice work there!!!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Nachoman,

It still needs some detail like grab irons and a brake wheel and couplers as well as a replacement truck as it kinda broke, it was part of the On30 bash project I made a mold of the roof of one of the cars being bashed and glued up some sticks and bits of cardboard for the body. The Bill Guff's goat farm was a test to see if recycled cereal boxes would be a good scratch material. And it looks like it is so I have a stash of cardstock from various dry food boxes for mixing paint, 2 part epoxy and as a building material. I paid for the boxes so why throw them out? Icon_lol Another money saving idea is for those of us who experiment with casting and molding with 1:1 by volume 2 part resin do not waste money on measuring cups and stir sticks from micro mark they are a one time use consumables so go to a dollar store buy a package of clear disposable drink cups and a bag of craft sticks much more cost effective. Big Grin
BR60103,

That can tank car is neat, because it is imaginative and it is made from real railroadania Thumbsup