A thick and large pressure tank ...
modelsof1900 Wrote:And what do you think about the number of rivets?

For a high pressure tank of that size?..............I'd say " Quite sufficient " Thumbsup

It is always a pleasure to see the level of detail, that you work to, and I am truly impressed.

Icon_twisted You weren't under any *Pressure* while building that tank...........were you ? Wink Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter, Mikey, thanks for your honoring reply.

Yes, the number of rivets may be "Quite sufficient", however I think that the tank was not absolutely leakproofly. Already on early pictures you can see how the edges are additionally filled with sealants and later the seams were additionally welded.
Nowhere I have read of the used pressure where the tests were made, however I'm sure that the tests with flying models were done under vacuum condition in order to simulate flights in great heights. And then such a tank should not have leaks!

Sumpter,
and what would be "sufficient" in your mind? Are 3.612 rivets enough in your sense? Ok, this is exactly this number which you can count on the tank, however I think that I have pressed near to 10.000 rivets with all the tests and including all the failed parts. And nevertheless there were never a "pressure" while I built this tank. On the contrary, I was very happy with every progress because I have entered a new territory with every step which never I have done before.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
modelsof1900 Wrote:Sumpter, Mikey, thanks for your honoring reply.

Are 3.612 rivets enough in your sense? Ok, this is exactly this number which you can count on the tank
Reinhard, I say this with respect, not sarcasm, If there was an award for rivet counter of the decade you would have it hands down. Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship I am inspired with your results and I too will have to learn how to do this. I see lots of things that this ability would add to the enjoyment of the hobby
Cheers Cheers Cheers
Charlie
modelsof1900 Wrote:there were never a "pressure" while I built this tank. On the contrary, I was very happy with every progress because I have entered a new territory with every step which never I have done before.

Bernhard, See ? The greatest place to live life really is, the sharp leading edge, of a learning curve. Cheers

Sufficient......as in, looks like the right number of rivets for that tank, and its purpose. Thumbsup Thumbsup

All the wood shingles on my buildings, are individually hand cut,hand applied. Yes, I know the effort you put into that model, and because I know Wink I praise.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!