Wireless DCC system
I'm thinking about using a wireless dcc system but i'm not sure which would be best for a possible future project. I had the NCE Power Cab which is the only dcc throttle I owned. It worked great for me, it was easy to use and a good price. I've been throwing around the idea of a 9 ft x 5 ft walk around layout and thought wireless would be the best option and would need a throttle that can store 4-5 locomotives. Any input would be appreciated.
Check out the Digitrax website (Digitrax.com) Select "Products" from the top line of options. I'm sure you can find the best option for your needs.
Although I don't use wireless, I'm sure you can find all you need there.
There is also a D'trax forum that has a wealth of information. You can access this by selecting "Conversations" from the same site.
Gus (LC&P).
I use the MRC Prodigy Advance 2 with the wireless add on. I am very pleased with it and the ease of use. All the instructions are on the back of the throttle, and with the wireless throttle you can go direct to individual CV's to program on the main which makes it quite handy with speed adjustments. I have total control on the whole layout which is 18X34 overall. I also have it wired for wired throttles. I currently have 2 wireless and 3 wired controllers. I have had occasion to have 4 operators at once with no problems. MRC also works with JMRI which was a complaint some computer users had.
Charlie
Thanks for the quick responses, i'll have to take a look at the Digitrax website. I was actually looking at the MRC Prodigy set up, I found some pretty good prices on ebay and will definitely consider it as an option.
Since you already have the NCE Power Cab, look at the wireless system that NCE has plus you could also use the Power Cab as a second throttle.
Howard
hyawn Wrote:Since you already have the NCE Power Cab, look at the wireless system that NCE has plus you could also use the Power Cab as a second throttle.
Howard

I don't have the NCE power cab anymore, I wish I did because I saw the system that you're talking about.