Weekly Photo Fun 8/7 - 8/13/15
WPMA-40 with a single SW1500 works the piers.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

To keep the steam guys happy, a few shots from the Strasburg RR taken on August 6.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:To keep the steam guys happy, ...
Yes, you did it! Thank you Bruce, for this nice pictures of this small Mogul.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Your 0-8-8-0 "Camelback" is an interesting looking "beast".........
I am tempted to try something like that in On30....... maybe an 0-6-6-0 "Camelback".

The Wiscasset Bucksport and Schoodic Point RR, is a 30" gauge shortline that is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Drydock Company. Most all of their locos, including those of the standard gauge Sagaponack Montauk and Cindys Harbor, and their own 3 foot gauge industrial line, were built in the shipyard shops.
The shops are currently building their 3' gauge 2-6-6-2 compound articulated.

I can only hope to come close to the level of excellence that you have achieved. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I will try to. Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic point #101. A 30" gauge 2-8-2 in O scale.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
A few recent additions...

GVEX 2396, built from a Rapido kit, with a few modifications:

[Image: Latest%20rolling%20stock....%20012.jpg]

TH&B 70 and 73, from Atlas (formerly Branchline). Unfortunately, these were r-t-r cars, so I had to take them apart to add the window shades. Nicely-done factory paint and lettering, though....now I'll have to build some TH&B locomotives:

[Image: Latest%20rolling%20stock....%20007.jpg]

[Image: Latest%20rolling%20stock....%20005.jpg]

Pennsylvania B60b baggage car, from Walthers. This was another not quite r-t-r car, as it was already missing one of its cast-on stirrup steps. I replaced all eight of 'em with ones fabricated from Detail Associates .010"x.030" flat brass bar:

[Image: Latest%20rolling%20stock....%20003.jpg]

Still a couple more kits to finish, then on to some scratchbuilding.

Wayne
Spent Saturday play'n with an f-3..

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:Spent Saturday play'n with an f-3..
e-paw, you have the 'ultimate' fantasy rebuild most of us would dream of doing! I would love to spend a day just watching....
Here is something a little different, a New York Central T3A electric. These were the New York Central's main passenger electric until the P-motors arrived from the Cleveland Union Terminal.

These small engines had a relatively unique B-B-B-B wheel arrangement, with all axles powered. Visible on the right ("1" end) roof is a small pantograph, used when complicated track prevented the use of trackside third rail. In these locations, the third rail was hung from the ceiling.

This engine is arguably out of place beneath PRR wire!

[Image: P8090788.jpg]

[Image: P8090802.jpg]

[Image: P8090793.jpg]

This engine has been a powering nightmare though, and I have not had enough time to rebuild the drive the way I planned. I might try bullfrog snot on the pulleys and tightening the springs. If that doesn't work, I might need to get drastic with the chain and sprocket. Last case scenario will be twin Bull-Ant drives, but I know this will work.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
That's one pretty girl you got there GEC.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew