Weekly Photo Fun - Nov. 6th - Nov. 12th, 2015
Sumpter250 Wrote:"nice young men in their clean white coats, arrived to take me away".
You were taken into the Irrenanstalt? Crazy

Otherwise your workmanship:
"Seventhousandfivehundred" indivudual shingles, WOW!!! Thumbsup Applause Worship

Lutz
Between the shingles and the sailing ship rigging, I believe that it's safe to say you have a level of patience and focus that I couldn't even begin to comprehend.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Pete,

Outstanding workmanship Cheers

Bruce
Putting things into perspective: It has only taken me Sixty-seven years of modelbuilding to get to this level.
Yeah, I turn 72 on Saturday 11/14, I was about Confusedhock: FIVE Confusedhock: , when I built my first kit, and that was a "Strombecker" kit. Signature line 2, applies

And.....Yeah, I have made more than enough mistakes in the process. Signature line 1, applies
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Schraddel Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:"nice young men in their clean white coats, arrived to take me away".
You were taken into the Irrenanstalt? Crazy
Otherwise your workmanship:
"Seventhousandfivehundred" indivudual shingles, WOW!!! Thumbsup Applause Worship
Lutz

:oops: :oops: I just realized Confusedhock: I used the "grand total" of all the individual shingles I have ever "applied". that house has a "few less" Wink
"You were taken into the Irrenanstalt? " No....I was referring to the Tom Lehrer song "And they're coming to take me away",
because the effort of using individual shingles for all my "wood shingled" structures, sounds a bit "loopy".
Hand forming the shackles and shackle pins for my rigging, out of a single strand of picture hanging wire? yeah, that too sounds a bit " off my rocker, and over the edge ". That said, if I am going to build a model, and it is possible to create the actual details in the process, I'll try to do it. I have found a way to make very realistic looking eye splices, in the sewing thread I use for the running rigging, and reasonable facsimile's of seized eyes in the Surgical Silk I use for the standing rigging......simply because seizing and splicing, are how the prototype is done.
I still have no desire to get into "Fly Tying". Wink Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Something much less spectacular
[Image: IMG_4516_zpsjxgqn5sn.jpg]
The Athearn RTR GP40-2 got a Genesis heart implanted today. The Athearn GP60 RTR motor replacement kit fits fine with some minor milling.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:Something much less spectacular
[Image: IMG_4516_zpsjxgqn5sn.jpg]
The Athearn RTR GP40-2 got a Genesis heart implanted today. The Athearn GP60 RTR motor replacement kit fits fine with some minor milling.

Great photo and great work on the motor change. Thumbsup Where did you get the motor replacement?
postman Wrote:..... Where did you get the motor replacement?
Thanks for the friendly comment. I got the replacement motor from an US eBay seller. It is Athearn part #G63839. They are intended as upgrade kits for the RTR SD40 but fit with little milling in most similar RTR engines. http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default....=ATHG63839
The problem is the virtually non existing Athearn quality control. Out of two motors is one noisy in one direction. An even more nasty problem if you life on other side of the great pond and sending back and waiting for a replacement would take months and cost a fortune Sad

Busy this morning too
[Image: IMG_4517_zpsbms6an9b.jpg]
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:
postman Wrote:..... Where did you get the motor replacement?
Thanks for the friendly comment. I got the replacement motor from an US eBay seller. It is Athearn part #G63839. They are intended as upgrade kits for the RTR SD40 but fit with little milling in most similar RTR engines. http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default....=ATHG63839
The problem is the virtually non existing Athearn quality control. Out of two motors is one noisy in one direction. An even more nasty problem if you life on other side of the great pond and sending back and waiting for a replacement would take months and cost a fortune Sad

Busy this morning too
[Image: IMG_4517_zpsbms6an9b.jpg]

I know the feel because I´m European. Buying model railroad stuff in the US is expensive when you´ve to pay import taxes. Have a Bachmann GP38-2 that needs a motor change .