Non-Railroad Photos
cn nutbar Wrote:"Blood Moon" over my hometown 28/09/2015
We had thick clouds that night. I wanted to see it, they said it would be spectacular. Your picture proves it was.
Charlie
Clouds moving in over Saginaw Bay, Lake Huron, August 2013.

[Image: IMG_6609.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
10/23/1977 Sunrise at the Horseshoe curve

Charlie
August 31, 1954. Noyack Bay, Eastern Long Island New York.......Hurricane Carol, a Category Three Hurricane.

That concrete block wall was about 40' long, and 7' high, meant to protect our summer cottage from storm damage.
This is the second side of the hurricane, I had just been swimming in the bay, in the eye of that storm. Yeah, I was three months short of my eleventh birthday. Confusedhock:     Eek All that Carol left of that wall.
The storm waves splashed enough salt water over the top of the wall, to completely saturate the sand behind it. Without any "outside support" the weight of all that wet sand literally pushed the wall out and down.
There was Eight feet of property left, between the front door of the cottage, and a Seven foot drop, and there was nothing but sand under us. We found concrete blocks almost a mile away, up on the beach.
"Somebody" was looking out for me and my family. Seven years later I joined the Navy.
The last time I was back East, the "replacement wall" was still there. We built that one a little bit better. Wink :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Pete, I remember Hurricane Hazel from 54. My uncle was stationed at a mountain top radar installation near Benton, Pa and the storm really tore things up there.
Charlie
I'll start with this one, the Chicago skyline as seen from northwest Indiana:

[Image: 8586432357_8f7cd3d8f3_z.jpg]BlueHorizonMillerIN3-23-13 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr
Charlie B Wrote:10/23/1977 Sunrise at the Horseshoe curve
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Charlie

Beautiful shot Charlie
A picture of Mt. Hood in Oregon that I took from the Empire Builder

[Image: IMG_0188_zpsfqr6owpr.jpg]
Ralph, that is a very good photo. Proves there are some nice scenes from the train.
Charlie
AHH...I can do this thread 8-)

We took three days and went to the Dells for our 4th anniversary this year Thumbsup , we took TONS of pics, here's some Wisconsin scenery for ya Wink ....
[Image: DSCN0996_zpsjs63nif8.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0919_zpspxslzflu.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0853_zpsgotsnlbu.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Hey, nice photos,

for the silent vulcans in north west I can add Mt. Rainer. (Photo made at my USA trip 2012)
[Image: SANY0551_zps62nmmvzp.jpg]
Greetings Hardy
GULF MOBILE & OHIO and FRISCO and also ILLINOIS CENTRAL (Gulf)
Full Moon, May 4 2015

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Can't leave out the cat Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
A few more now that I'm back to a keyboard:

[Image: 19926472496_9c9572552f.jpg]Run It Out by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 15973303746_d6bfea3fca.jpg]LambeauFieldGreenBayWI6-1-14 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 9245846468_fd76e86085.jpg]WindmillCameronIL7-6-13 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 18243607395_6e352f58f0.jpg]Breakwater by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 15944615883_13e3fd26a8_n.jpg]BeachScene1HollywoodFL01-09-15 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr
The Cindys Harbor Seaport Village,and Museum,

Was inspired by this:

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!