Weekly Photo Fun 12/11 - 12/17/15
Shore River does some switching for CP Rail at the RailPort Yard.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

We took a trip to Washington, Pa and along Route 18 I discovered these little gems were still there, 39 years after I had photographed them the first time. They were beside the track the first time, but that's all gone now.    
Charlie
A video taken at the local clubs open day.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://youtu.be/TP02XzVHDi8">https://youtu.be/TP02XzVHDi8</a><!-- m -->
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Charlie,
Now, Wink there's a valid use for the Athearn "Hustlers" Icon_twisted - - - - if, or when I build another module to incorporate that scene in - - - - I'm still working on a "Hustler A-B-A" set { other projects sort of "got in the way" } .
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Charlie,
Now, Wink there's a valid use for the Athearn "Hustlers" Icon_twisted - - - - if, or when I build another module to incorporate that scene in - - - - I'm still working on a "Hustler A-B-A" set { other projects sort of "got in the way" } .
That is a grand Idea Pete, I may have to borrow that... Cheers
Charlie
Talking of Athearn Hustlers, what's the wheelbase and size of wheels of these critturs please. I may have a suitable replacement drivetrain.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
If your going to use a Hustler use the Lionel if you can find one (or however many you need).It is the same loco as the Athearn but it is gear drive.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
We go green this week.

[Image: IMG_4593_zpsfzwgup96.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard, I had to look 5 times. Enough of the coupler mechanism was showing to give it away. My hat is off to you once again. That is beautifully done.
Applause Applause Applause
Charlie
Catweasel Wrote:Talking of Athearn Hustlers, what's the wheelbase and size of wheels of these critturs please. I may have a suitable replacement drivetrain.
Wheelbase is 13', wheels, tread diameter is 39" {{ measured with an HO scale ruler }}
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Had to repair the pantograph on an handmade brass streetcar model for a friend of mine:
[Image: dsc09550iml99.jpg]

[Image: dsc09551ceymu.jpg]
The whole contact shoe got lost. A lot of thinking how to do it. At least i found a solution to make it out of only three pieces of brass wires.
Now the search is for very soft helical springs with a pretty small diameter.

Lutz
Tail end of a work train.

[Image: P1020205.jpg]
Robert
Modeling the Canadian National prairie region in 1959.