SD70M's and SD70MAC's.... Same Handrails?
Anyone know if i can use a SD70M Handrail set for a SD70MAC? I have 2 SD70M's that need new handrails and a SD70MAC that needs handrails installed, can i use SD70M's on a SD70MAC? Do you have to do any modifying?

thanks in advance
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Shouldn't have too.
The only difference between the MAC, and a regular DC SD70 is two extra cooling vents for the AC components.
One is behind the cab on the engineers side below the dynamic brake grill, and the other is under the radiators, near the brake wheel. There were no length changes between either model. So the handrails should be a perfect match.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Thanks for the reply Ed

I posted this on another forum and someone replied saying no they wouldnt fit. I guess ill just have to buy them and try them out lol

what about using a SD70 or SD75 handrail set on the MAC? would those work do you think?

I might also be able to get a set of SD70MAC handrails from KATO direct, they only have the BNSF/BN version available right now, but i think they would work on a CSX SD70MAC too i hope. I think the only difference between the CSX and BNSF ones that they offer is the color of the rails, at least thats what im hoping. Ill have to give them a call and find out for sure lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World