"Magoun pier" The beginings of my layout
Hi everyone, I haven't posted anything here in awhile, so I thought I'd share with you my Magoun pier project. This is the beginning of my future home layout, the only problem is, my current home does not have room for a large layout.
This is where Magoun pier comes in, I built it as a portable layout that I can take to shows. With the idea that it can be connected & disconnected from a permanent home layout that I have not built yet.
Magoun pier measures 41 inches wide by six feet 5 inches long, designed to fit in the back of my pick-up truck for transportation purposes. It's taken me 2 years to build this large urban pier.
I recently took it all outside to photograph at dusk, and I got some really nice photos. So here they are I hope you will enjoy them.

Greg Shinnie
Here are some more scenes on Magoun pier.

Here is an overview shot showing Magoun pier.

Greg

Attached Files Image(s)

As the evening got darker I continued my photo shoot. And as a result of that I got some of the best photos that I took on that evening.

Greg
Okay, so in your second post, you Photoshopped the second picture in an attempt to fool us into thinking it's a model. :wait: :wait:

Seriously, though, that is some really great-looking modelling! Worship Worship

Wayne
That is outstanding. I am speechless!
Reinhard
Thanks! Wayne & Reinhard, I'm glad you like It!

Here are some Magoun pier stevedores loading the R.A.SANTOS.

Greg
Awesome!! I'm a really big fan of harbor railroading, you've done an incredible job.
Outstanding modelling and photography Greg---thank you for posting and hopefully we'll get to see more
I can see why it took two years, excellent work there sir.

Cheers
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Many of your photos look 1:1 scale. Very well done!
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Thanks very much! It's always nice to get positive feedback from your modelling peers.

Here are a couple more favorite photos of mine, of the pier.

Greg
I wish I could buy a large calendar (2018?) with some, many, all of the photos and hang it at the wall in my hobby room.
Reinhard
Greg,

That is an amazing layout, everything from your modeling, weathering, detailing of the scene and your photography is outstanding. This is something that should be in one of the model railroad magazines. Worship

Bruce
Thanks! Reinhard & Bruce.

Reinhard, you could always make your own 2017 calendar, and I would be honored if it included some of my Magoun pier photos!

Bruce, it makes me happy that you think that Magoun pier could be in a model railroad magazine!

Here is a older image that I took before I poured my water around the pier.

Greg
I've often thought that model railroading helps to re-live the past.When I was growing up in the north-end of Hamilton many,many years ago I used to work on the docks as a part-time stevedore while I was going to school---in many ways it was one of the most exciting jobs that I ever had especially as a 18 year old youth when you have the opportunity to meet so many of the ship's crews from all over the world.Greg,when I look at your pictures it brings back many memories of a happy time in my life---thank you.