"Magoun pier" The beginings of my layout
Beautiful work Greg,the last picture is my favourite---I especially like the Canadian National locomotives and rolling stock.Thank you for sharing,please keep your photos coming. Cheers
Thanks very much, cn nutbar. Like you I have always loved Canadian National, I guess it comes from growing up near one of their lines.

Greg
Wow, as everyone else has stated, fantastic modeling! The models themselves, the painting and weathering. The composition. The lighting is so well done! And your photography skills too. You've got the whole package. Thanks for posting.
Thanks very much! For your kind words, jglfan. That's the great thing about our hobby, we have so many different things to try and get good at.

Greg
Hi everyone, I had the pleasure of being a layout tour host this past weekend for a mini NMRA convention called "Grand River Express" in the Kitchener/Waterloo area in Ontario, Canada.
It was great to share my Magoun pier with fellow model railroad enthusiast! In between visitors I had the chance to shoot a few photographs myself.
I thought I would share those with you all here, I hope you will enjoy them.

Thanks for your interest!

Greg Shinnie
Greg,

True reference material from every aspect. Congratulations on this excellent result. I really like harbor scenes, and yours is among the best i have seen! Applause

Thanks for posting,
Yannis
Yannis, thank you very much! For your kind words about my Magoun pier.

Greg
Greg,

Saw that your Magoun Pier will be displayed in the August edition of Model Railroader magazine. Congratulations and well deserved. Applause Applause

Bruce
Thanks Bruce! Since I was a little kid buying my first copies of MR for just .75 cents a issue, I have been inspired by many great layouts & modelling in those pages throughout the years.
So it's great to see my work being published in MR! I hope it will inspire someone else like it has me.

Greg Shinnie
75 cents an issue! You were getting ripped off! When I was a kid I only paid 50 cents and I could get Model Trains for 35. Goldth
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Somehow I have missed this thread. Very impressive work!!! Thumbsup Applause Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
May be a large paper calendar with 12 excellent photos would have it's market.
Reinhard
Greg---Big Blue is very lucky to have you in our family---thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures Cheers
BR60103 Wrote:75 cents an issue! You were getting ripped off! When I was a kid I only paid 50 cents and I could get Model Trains for 35. Goldth

David, perhaps I was a little younger than you were when I was buying my first copies of MR early 70's, or your memory is better than mine.

Greg
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Somehow I have missed this thread. Very impressive work!!! Thumbsup Applause Worship

Thanks Mike!

Greg