"Magoun pier" The beginings of my layout
Tetters, thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the photos and modelling!

Greg
Hi everyone, well I finally was able to hook up the lighting to Mallerich's Magic Shop. One of the reasons I haven't done that yet was do to the fact of the illuminated billboard on it's roof.
When I move Magoun pier outdoors to photograph I was afraid that I might accidently break off the billboard or it's lights on top of it, because it is so close to the edge of this layout.
So I redesigned the billboard to be removable, and moved the lighting from the top of the billboard to instead down below of the billboard to the roof of Mallerich's.
Anyways I thought I would post some photos of how it now looks with the lights turned on.
Notice the tigers head that pops in & out of the magicians hat mounted on the front of this shop, and also Mistress Zelda's glowing crystal ball through the upstairs window where she does her readings.

Enjoy!

Greg
Greg,

Always awed by your modeling and photography, thanks for posting.

Bruce
Bruce, thanks for your kind words! I'm glad that you enjoy both my modeling & photography.

Greg
Greg:
Sorry we didn't see your modelling on the tour last year -- and probably won't this year either.
There's a lot there to take in.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hi David, yes COVID-19 is really putting a damper on a lot of things.
Hopefully I can be on the 2022 Doubleheaders tour, but it's not going to happen for me this year.

Greg
Back on page 7 of this discussion I displayed some photos of my original mock-up of the car float tracks running thru the municipal building. i was convined that this was not a viable situation, so I have moved the carfloat operation off to just aside that building. I'll have to recall how to post those pics.
I decided to do a little more work on my waterfront at the end of the peninsula. i wanted to see what it would look like with that traveling crane in there so I did a partial assembly job on the crane. But wait a minute that dock area that the cranes located on is supported by a large number of pilings,...better go ahead and glue those on as well.

[Image: DSCF7339.jpg]

[url=https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/259338/7473542/DSCF7337.jpg][/url][Image: DSCF7337.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7338.jpg]   

I left space under those pilings to put some sort of water in there. Just need to come up with a method/material for that water?? 

Brian
Now, THAT is awesome. The lighting shots at dusk are incredible. What did you use to model your water?
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Some how I've missed this thread lately. Great work!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Great looking layout.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Brian, TMo, Tyson & Tom, thanks for your posts!
I'm also sorry for the late reply, been up at our cottage for most of the summer.
So I haven't been checking in as much as I would normally.
I also had some problems with signing in on this forum, but with some help I was able to finally do so today.

Brian, that looks like a very busy waterfront area you are building there. Looks like you have a lot going on in a small space.

TMo, first I used a product called "Magic Water" all around the pier, then I used a product from "Liquidtex" heavy gloss medium for the texture of waves on the water.

I was able to finally take my Magoun pier module out to a train show in September, the first model train show that I've been to in 3 years thanks to Covid-19.
My friend Joe Rutter was nice enough to drive down all the way from Owen Sound to give me a hand with setting things up and running trains.

I was also able to take a few more photos of the pier while I had it outside once again.
I hope you enjoy the photos!

Greg
Wow! That is spectacular! The headlights shining on the locomotive is impressive.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Nicely-done, Greg....as usual!   Worship Worship Worship

Wayne
Glad to have you back Greg---thanks for sharing your outstanding modelling.