doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part I)
Well, this is about as close as this will get to "finished" before the Challenge ends at midnight tonight...

[Image: Shakedown%20run...%20004.jpg]

[Image: Shakedown%20run...%20002.jpg]

...but I will continue to post here as I work to finish this project. Still to be done is lots of brush-painting of details, and the application of various clear-coats, plus adding a crew and some weathering.

Wayne
Lumpy and I give a well deserved two thumbs up Doc Thumbsup Applause Thumbsup Cheers
I have heard so much about this locomotive, I am glad to see it on the tracks. Great job Wayne.
Charlie
Looking very nice Wayne Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Mark
Thanks, guys. Goldth

Even though the Challenge has ended, I'm still working on this locomotive. I've done some more painting and am now working on the lettering.
After that, it'll be out to the paint shop for more paint....mostly clear coats in varying degrees of glossiness, then some glass for the windows and a crew, followed by some photos. After that, weathering will come next.

Wayne
Finally...painted, lettered, lenses, window glass, and crew all in place...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20140.jpg]

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20145.jpg]

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20142.jpg]

...with weathering still to be done.

Wayne
Doc,
really, a great model again! Congratulation! I admire your work and I'm a bit enviously, sorry.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Beautiful loco! Worship Worship Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks, guys.
I'm glad that it's almost finished, but wish that I would have had the sense to have not bought it in the first place. While it runs well enough, it's not a great puller, which is a real disadvantage on my twisting and hilly mainline, and that makes it unsuitable as a pusher, the role in which I had envisioned it. Perhaps a shelf queen, or the star in a scrapping scene? Sad

Wayne
Or some Bullfrog Snot on the drivers? I've always been afraid to try the stuff, anybody here tried it?
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Or some Bullfrog Snot on the drivers? I've always been afraid to try the stuff, anybody here tried it?

I'd prefer to not go that route....I feel the same about using an artificial traction enhancer as I do about about the use of silicone as an enhancer of certain "attractions". Crazy

Wayne
But Wayne millions of men LOVE silicon, I'm not one of em' mind you! Nope
Mike

Wayne,
that is an very excellent work! Thumbsup Applause Worship

Cheers Lutz
An artificial traction enhancer ...Doc, I think yup have just coined yourself a new phrase. With two tenders and two sets of drivers, she's a beast and a half.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The traction problem is probably plugged sanders. Misngth
Charlie