New member from Greece
Hi all,

My name is Yannis, new member here from Greece. I have been previously reading this forum and ,better late than never, decided to join the community!

I am modeling the ATSF in the mid to late sixties (1964 to 1967), on the Surfline in HO scale. I am currently building a 13' x 15' temporary layout (folded dogbone, stacked loops, operated point to point). I call it temporary and training layout since i realized that its better to start from scratch in a new permanent house without perpetuating past layout design mistakes. Therefore i left any aspirations of moving this layout aside (which fits this space nicely though), and decided to continue building it anyway for practice/training purposes. Having something else to look forward to which will encompass many of the things i have learned so far, i have already designed the permanent layout for the (when the time comes) next permanent house (point to point design with continuous run option if needed).

In addition to model railroads i am also building 1/48 U.S. aircraft models. Anyhow, glad to have become a member, and i am looking forward to learn and contribute from/to the community.

Yannis
Hello Yannis, welcome aboard!
Reinhard
Welcome Yannis, I am looking forward to pictures. Please join in the conversations.
Charlie
Welcome As Charlie said, we would love to see pictures. How soon before your move? Or is it a "someday" plan?

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Welcome to the "Big Blue family'' Yannis
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I take it, two different posts talking about the two different layouts (current and future) would make more sense, right?

Tom (FiatFan)The future layout and move is someday in the (hopefully) not so distant future. Some things (real estate) need to fall into place before i can start building (house and layout). Nice spider you got there Tom! Great fan of Italian (and American) cars here.
Yannis Wrote:Nice spider you got there Tom!
Had it for 22 years before selling it in 2010. My oldest granddaughter would not ride in it unless I put the top down and turned the radio on. Also took two of my nieces for their first time cruising the strip. Good times!

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)