The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
hi all . well another Monday has rolled up , still sitting on my duff with list of things that need tending growing , about all i have to do is sit with leg up , but the infection in shin is getting better after VA visit  they gave me some topical antibiotic  along with a bag of stuff to use on it. as far as modeling i still am in a slump the only thing i have done as of late it to make 14 more pages of billboards. the only good thing is the garage is almost done.

stay safe its a zoo out there  Jim
Hello Blue
We had sun this morning but the smoke from the western wild fires has hazed the sky. 
55 and 70 for the day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good afternoon folks

Getting on late as we had no power for most of the day. The electric company decided to do tree trimming nearby and turned the power off for about 6 hours. Normally I won’t care but these days with people and children home using the computers for work and school I feel this was not the time to be doing this. I spent most of the time making sure my wife stayed online using her cell phone as a mobile hot spot for her computer so she could work with her student. My daughter was doing the same. My son couldn’t start work until the power and router came back on. He deals with what is considered protected and secure data so with the router and its ISP he could not login.

Once the power was back on and I was sure everything was working I had to run to the pharmacy to grab a few things and the deli to pick up stuff for lunches this week.

Since we had some nice days, I did some yardwork, mostly weeding. I had to clean the fishpond filter. The wife and I took my car to the carwash and stopped at local nursery/grocery store to get a few things and look at plants for the fall gardens.

Saturday night I participated in the Ontario & Western Railway Historical Society meeting via Zoom. It took me awhile to get things right with my phone to join the meeting. The program was very interesting and enjoyable.

I finished the Atheran General American Refrigerator Express 50 ft express reefer, Athearn CN 40 ft steel reefer, and MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley 36 ft wood reefer.

I weathered the trucks and wheels, and applied washes to 4 – Bev-Bel/Roundhouse PRR 50 ft wood express reefers

I am in the process of weathering the trucks and wheels on another 3. The seven are part of an 8 car Bev-Bel set. One car is already completed and weathered.

I built the second MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley 36 ft wood reefer. I applied Dullcoat to it and the MDC/Roundhouse Chateau Martin 50 ft wood express reefer as the first step in weathering them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
He-lo everyone, 'tis afternoon here, almost evening on the east cost and probably bedtime for folks on the other side of the pond. Don't know for sure, don't keep up with things like this anymore. There was a time that I did beta testing for a DTP program originating in Nottingham, England and time differences were an issue if you needed to talk to someone.

Temps are still reasonable, I just wish we had some rain heading our way. I kind of feel guilty wanting rain when those on the west coast sure could use it to help with the fires, and those on the gulf coast are bracing for way more than anyone needs.  Good luck and prayers for them all.

Was going to go target shooting tomorrow, but the friend I was going with screwed his back up and so we canceled for now. saves on ammo, which right now is in very tight supply and getting very expensive. Stuff that was selling for $10 a year ago, was $20 a few months ago, and I see one dealer selling the same stuff for over $40. Want to buy a gun? Some gun stores are taking appointments, go to Cabela's and you may have to wait in line for a couple of hours, if they let you in at all. I may have to oil up my old BB gun at this rate.

Nothing else going on this way, still catching up on my rest.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 59 outside my window this morning due to the west coast fires.  High today is supposed to be in the low to mid 80s and quite breezy with winds around 25 mph.  One more warm day tomorrow and then it cools down to the 70s and upper 60s.

Decent day yesterday.  Nice walk in the morning.  Met a friend for lunch which turned into a 2 and a half hour gab fest.  Went for a short bike ride and then drove through a local burger joint for supper.  Physical torture therapy at 9:30. 

All stay safe.

Tom

Update: whlie I was out I decided to get gas for the car (last time was Aug 9th). Last night when I came home it was $1.97 Drove past the gas station it was up to $2.09. One station still had it at $1.97 but they only sold 87 octane. Guess I missed a bargain.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, not much happening today, weather is the same, skies are hazy from the fires on the coast and still no rain in sight. No target shooting today, I may just go down to this pawn shop near downtown Phoenix that I heard has ammo at a decent price. Look around in their tool section while I'm there. I still miss a lot of those tools that I sold or gave away when we moved to that retirement community, only to move back into a house where I can now do things. Should be able to stop by Harbor Freight as well....

I see where we're over 3500 posts in this thread, I think I'll wait until we hit 4,000 before starting a new one. We are now in #8, and it first opened over two years ago, although we average  a bit over a year to get to around 3,000 posts. We've been Big Blue for 10 1/2 years now, and the Hobo Camp threads have been with us every since. And yeah, we've been around almost 20 if you want to trace our roots back to when we started as The Gauge.... long time running.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Busy but here.  Now gone again.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning everyone, a bit early it seems but I'm on my weekday schedule, up around 4:00. I look forward to weekends when my body says it's OK to sleep in a bit.

Marketeers have managed to make each day a "something" day. If you're not aware, today is "Guacamole Day", holy guacamole.... Icon_e_surprised 

Today is also going to be a hot one, as is tomorrow, maybe it should be "Salsa Day" in keeping with the theme. I've seen everything from 105 to 109. Still, no real complaints after seeing what's happening from "Sally" down on the gulf coast.

Went to Harbor Freight yesterday, had one of their famous, "20% off" coupons. It use to be 20% off of one item, no exceptions, so I didn't even notice the fine print on the bottom. "Nope" says the clerk, "won't work on what you're buying". Got home and put the coupon under a mag lamp and sure enough, there were so many exclusions by product and by brand that I'm not sure what was left to get 20% off. Fortunately, I had another coupon for the product I was buying and did get close to that. Got to be careful now days, things may never get back to what was once considered normal. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

59 and hazy headed for 79 and still hazy. Starts cooling down tomorrow through the weekend before it warms up again.

While at physical therapy yesterday I moved wrong and did something r-e-a-l-l-y painful. Arm is still a little sore today. Lunch with a friend and I'll probably mow this afternoon. First time in 2 months. Also need to put down fall fertilizer. Sad news in this morning's paper - the only video store in town is closing. Guess I'll have to upgrade my internet and sign up for a streaming service.

Don - thanks for the heads up on the coupons. Next time I get one I'll have to check it out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning. Doom and gloom guessers saying 3" to 6" of rain tomorrow and Friday. undefined Probably some good needed rain. Trip to farms now postponed till Monday. SUPPOSED to be fair and cool.

Don, I belong to the Insider Club.  Get email coupons all the time.  More discount than the ones mailed. 

Off to work on 140 tractor and the Woods finish mower. Needed to mow at FIL's.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Don have you also noticed that Harbor Freight no longer gives you a free something.
Smokey overcast but the sun is up there too.
High of 80 today, then down she goes.
Annual visit with the skin doctor this morning. We both got a few shots of the cold boo boo spray but otherwise ok.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Don:
We get a lot of coupons from Michaels (arts & crafts suplies). Discount is for regular priced items. Most of the stuff in store is marked as n% off already.
We are getting intersting sunsets from smoke in the upper atmosphere.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning all, well, we tied a record yesterday at 109 and today we are back to an "excessive heat warning". So we're looking at more of the same. Those who are young and us who are old are told that they should stay indoors as much as possible.

Yeah, I noticed, no more freebies at Harbor Freight, I've got plenty of 25' tape measures and still have some meters that I bought at full price a long time ago so I'm not really missing out there. I've also used Michael's coupons, tempted to use those from Hobby Lobby but never did (the nearest one is about 10 miles away), and I'm wondering where all those are that we used to get from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have a feeling that this virus thing has put sales down and the top honchos are risking their high-paying bonuses.

Went to Walmart Tuesday during their "old folks hour" and found plenty of parking spaces open, no lines to get in and easy checkout. I'm not sure if Costco is doing that anymore and I figure Walmart may soon stop doing that as well. The only lines you seen now are at the gun shops....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

46 headed for 70. Lots of smoke in the air this morning.

Quiet day yesterday. Never did find the energy/motivation go go for a walk or a bike ride yesterday. Had lunch with a friend and then mowed the yard. Today is therapy at 9:45.

Don - I hit the senior hour on Tuseday and yes, it's not crowded but there were also no cashiers. To me it makes sense to have cashiers at that time as some older folks have difficulty dealing with the self check out process. Also some aisles are difficult to navigate with all the shelves being restocked. End of rant.

All stay safe.

Tom

(09-17-2020, 06:19 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Don - I hit the senior hour on Tuseday and yes, it's not crowded but there were also no cashiers.  To me it makes sense to have cashiers at that time as some older folks have difficulty dealing with the self check out process.  Also some aisles are difficult to navigate with all the shelves being restocked.  End of rant.

All stay safe.

Tom

Those are two things I'm use to. When they were open 24/7, we always shopped early and most always used self-check. My grip is with those @#$#!!& bags. One of their suppliers has a solution, the back of one bag sticks to the front of the next one, their other suppliers save around .00000001 cents per bag by skipping this, increasing their profit by maybe $10 a day. Frequently, the self-check gal will have to come over and open them for me. That's my rant....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and