The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
(06-23-2018, 06:45 AM)ngauger Wrote: Apparently the same salesman that went to Arizona, once stopped in Pennsylvania. We have close to 100 types of plates, All the way from pro sports teams to university alumni to high schools and of course charities...

Good morning all, glad to see that license plate salesman gets around. It used to be that a license plate was used to ID the vehicle it was on just in case of an accident, theft or traffic violation. Now, it is a vanity thing. Yeah, I bought into it with "ezdays" and when we had the truck, it was, "bzdays", but you can still ID the plate as being from Arizona. As with those other 99 different plates, if you can't read the small "ARIZONA" at the top of the plate, or it's hidden by a plate frame, you're out of luck.

A few years ago they started using laminated plates. The older plates were painted and stamped aluminum. After years in the Arizona sun, the paint on the back plates would peel off and the plates wound up silver. I was at the DMV one day for something else, and told them that the paint was flaking off my plate and needed a new one. "Not a problem, there is a $10 fee for that", even though it is the state's problem, not ours. Many people just drive around with silver plates, again, making it impossible to read the plate, when in fact, they should all be recalled because of that defect.

Sorry to take up this much time to complain about state license plates, but hey, at this age in life, we are entitled to complain about anything we want to.... Dodgy And yes, I agree with Tom, it seems like we have six Saturdays a week, and if you don't get confused,  on Sunday there's church and no medical appointments are the only differences, all this thanks to retirement. Blush
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-23-2018, 08:04 AM