The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
(10-06-2019, 08:03 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don:
We saw the GCR's Polar Express when we camped beside the station. Wasn't steam. Don't forget your PJs.

Good morning everyone. the GCR used to run steam all year, then in the winter only. Now I thought that they did on special occasions. A pity if they've stopped it all together. I remember the first time we took the train I expected there to be a steam engine pulling us, and was really disappointed that it wasn't. That was quite a few years ago and I think it was the first summer they changed to diesel engines.

Today should be hot, 99 is in the forecast but so is 96 and 97. Close enough I guess.... Temps start to drop and should be in the 80's with lows in the high 50's sometime later this week. Even the guesser aren't sure what day that will be.

Got some time today to do a bit more on the layout. I have an area near the Chapel that I want to work on. BTW, there was this nut that went up to the real chapel in Sedona last week and started swinging a lug wrench around causing lots of damage. They put video on the TV and one person recognized him and so he's been arrested, but the damage has been done and it will take some time to restore things. Icon_cry
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 10-07-2019, 06:15 AM