The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Well. I hit Walmart around 6:30. Probably the first person to get there was leaving so I got a premium parking space. Most shelves were pretty full, paper goods, pasta, soup and other essentials were available with choices. I didn't need much and probably was the only one that didn't have a package of toilet paper or towels in their basket. They still didn't have much in canned meals, but the freezers were full.

Looking around at Gas Buddy, Costco in Peoria (10 miles away), selling regular at $1.99, best price in our neighborhood is $2.51. Almost pays to drive to Costco just for gas. Sam's Club is still higher than that, why pay for membership just to pay more for gas? Some brands like Shell are as high as $2.69. Regardless, we're still about a dollar more than the national average and no one will say why.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good afternoon folks

Another deary day with the temperature at 41. It might make it to 48. Weather guessers said yesterday it won't rain but rain all day yesterday and into this morning.

We are still not out of the woods yet with the dog. He is home but sleeping alot. When he tries to walk he is very unsteady on his feet. He did eat last night and this morning and got all his meds. I had quite an adventure yesterday trying to find a pharmacy that had both syringes and insulin. Took me seven pharmacies before I found it. Vet wrote both items on the same prescription paper so the pharmacies said they could not split the order if they only had one item. Note to self for next time; one item per prescription paper.

Nothing else got done.

Today getting off to a late start since I was up several times during the night and morning with the pup. I have to get pet supplies. I'll put an online order with Petsmart as I have been doing for about a year. Difference this time will be doing a curbside pick up.

Gas in the Philly area is still at $2.29. Hasn't budged in weeks. Wife went to Delaware the other day and got it for $1.99. Since she works near the Delaware line she usually goes to Delaware to get gas. Not sure if we can do that now since the Governor of Delaware issued a isolate in place order for any coming into Delaware from out of state.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Happy April Fool, gang.

Although probably not many practical jokes will be played today.

37 at the moment with a predicted high in the mid 60s and breezy. Had a brief shower move through overnight.

Had another productive day yesterday. Picked up a few groceries. Then pulled off my semi-annual seasonal shed switch. Put the winter toys away and got out the summer toys. Also changed oil on the mower and test ran it. Ready for the grass to start growing. After lunch I walked for 2.5 miles and then rode the bike for 5.5 miles. Since the grill was one of the things coming out of the shed I fixed myself a nice steak for supper. Downright tasty.

Got bounced out of bed this morning at about 5 by a cramp behind my thigh. Always the most painful because I have a hard time even standing when I get a cramp there. This morning I want to go to Menards. They have all four types of fertilizer on sale for $10 a bag. Already got the crabgrass stuff. Need to get the spring, summer and fall bags. Should have just picked it up the other day when I was there. Probably go for a walk this afternoon but the bike ride is tentative, depending on the wind.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS Gas is down to $1.46 as of yesterday afternoon.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone. Yeah, "April Fools Day", but only a fool would put a prank today based on the serious atmosphere we're in right now. Besides, I don't like pranks, making a fool out of an innocent being is not funny in my estimation.

Beautiful weather we're into right now, temps in the 80's. A chance of rain for next week, although AccuWeather shows a 1% chance for tomorrow and Friday. 35 Our Governor's "stay at home", order allows for you to get out and get some exercise, walk, run, ride a bike, just don't do it in a crowd. There's still a long list of essential services that should stay open, our bank asked me if I wanted a debit card so I could use their ATM if they had to close, but banks are on the list and, no, I don't want a debit card regardless. Drove by a couple of McD's yesterday, long lines at their drive-thru, even the one inside of Walmart had a line waiting for take-out. Construction is an essential business, so I'm not sure why things look like they've come to a halt at that new sub-division, although I did see one guy with a nail gun up on one of the roofs yesterday.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  Damp, cloudy and chilly.  SUPPOSE to clear out.  Temps are back top normal for NC this time of the year.  40's at night and 50 to 60 during days.  Warming back above normal by weekend.

Staying in basicly.  Do have to meet the tree buddy at FIL's today.  Wifey going to throw old books out of upstairs of first big building at FIL's.  Dumpster below.  FIL collected old books.  Dusty, dirty and a mess.

Back injection tomorrow.  Means rest for 3 days. 

Hope all are OK.

Gas at Sam's, $1.52.  One town in NC reporting gas at $1.33.

Now gun permit applications started back in county.  Group filed suit against Sheriff.  He had stopped due big backlog due to sudden increase.  I'm a gun person but some are stupid.  Backlog and long lines are not good social distancing. 

Stay safe
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
hi all . cloudy and muggy here , run string trimmer yesterday and now my allergies are in full swing. had a swarm of bee's move into Tamarac 
 tree by house need to see if there killers or not.
Sun came out here.  2285_
(04-01-2020, 10:02 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Sun came out here.  2285_

We here are always willing to share..... Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good afternoon folks

It is 49 right now although it feels warmer in the sun. High will be 53.

Just came in from doing some work in the yard. We raked up petals from the magnolia. Trimmed some bushes. Still have a lot more trimming to do. Also got the cover on the pergola.

The pup is doing better. he is eating more and moving around without help. He is beginning to express his opinion regarding taking his meds.

Nothing to report on the modeling front.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Nothing to report on the modeling front.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy at the moment but that will change as the 100% chance of rain moves in. 46 now headed for 60.

Went to Menards yesterday and got the fertilizers I need for the rest of the season. Also picked up a tube of crack filler for the sidewalk. Got home and realized I must have left the crack filler in the cart or at the checkout. Went back and of course it was gone. After lunch I started out for my walk and got a call from one of my Thursday group. Went to his house and he filled me in on how he is doing after his second stroke. Still some confusion but doing ok. Also got a text yesterday morning from another member of the group who winters in Nevada. He has covid and pneumonia and is on a ventilator.

Nothing really on the agenda for today other than a walk this afternoon. If the rain starts in time I make walk in the rain again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, we hit 86 yesterday, a bit over normal. AccuWeather backed off on their 1% chance of rain today, but have it for tomorrow, Saturday and everyday beyond. Everyone else show rain starting about mid-week.

Woke up this morning with the phone message beeping. Someone tried to make a delivery at 10:15 last night and we didn't wake up to the doorbell or phone ringing. Sorry, but it was something we didn't need right away anyway, and we were both tired from a busy day. Plus, us old folk tend to go to bed and get up earlier than most others. They left a number to call, I think I'll call them a 4:00 AM to see if they're awake yet....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  Sunny and 63.  Pretty day.  Will have what will probably the last lowest night temp until fall/winter.  40 degrees forecasted.  Will cover potted tomatoes and peppers.  Took them out of the greenhouse as so warm out. 

Menards.  Wish we had one.  Probably be a problem buying train buildings and etc. 

Back injection this afternoon.  Gives me an excuse to be lazy for three days,.

Stay safe and well.
hi all . safe and sound here , stores are getting some items back in . did score two Walters 1/87th loaders to make into log unloaders for my log train.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 and it's gonna get worse before the day is over. Rain and sleet moving in later today and a high of only 37. Good day for a pot of chili.

Got a call from my daughter. She was across the street visiting a friend. Did not stop in as she works in a public facility and is staying away from me. Told me there was a fire downtown so I grabbed my camera and walked down there. All the excitement was over but I went ahead and finished my walk. After lunch I went for a bike ride and then watched the governor's news conference. Decided I wanted some cottage cheese for supper so I hopped on the bike and went to the grocery store. Shelves were reasonably well stocked. Didn't think to look in the paper products aisle. Gas was down to $1.40

Today's agenda remains flexible (as in I have no idea what I'm gong to do today).

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, another weekend is upon us with no special places to go or things to do except stay at home and see how things are playing out by watching TV news and specials...

Gas in about a 20 mile radius is all over the map. Sam's club in Phoenix is at $1.95, in Peoria, $1.99 and here in Surprise, $2.29. Saw prices on Gas Buddy as high as $2.83. Fry's (Kroger) near our house is $2.59, but ten cents less just two miles away. Go figure.

Not too many cars on the road right now, there should be a gas war, lots of folks walking around though  soaking in the 80's temps, and yeah, store shelves are starting to look normal around here too, except in the paper goods and canned meal aisles. Lots of bottled water, milk, eggs and produce. We still have the national guard delivering and stocking shelves for grocery stores and I still see some folks leaving with full baskets. When do we get back to normal?????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and