The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks, doesn't look like we got any rain last night. Seems as if they moved that to Friday and Saturday. Forecasts are still too different to make any sense out of them, but we may have another storm coming in the beginning of next week. Maybe some of these storms dry out before they get here, Icon_rolleyes maybe that's why Tucson (way south of us) gets more rain than we do.

Got an email from my insurance company saying that I can look for 15% of April and May's premiums back because we aren't driving much these days. Good that they're doing that, but it hardly makes up for the $474 yearly increase they just hit me with a few weeks ago. Nope Well, that was partially my fault for buying a new truck. Misngth

Noticed that the Dairy Queen drive-thru line the other day was clear around the building, and McD's had double lines at theirs. We stopped by Arby's to pick up a couple of sandwiches yesterday and there weren't that many in line there. Maybe it was just the time of the day that made the difference, but Arby's is our choice for a decent sandwich.

Have a great day doing whatever you're allowed to do.... Awesome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning.  Had some good storms starting around 5 PM and during the night.  Gone now.  58 and cloudy.

Getting ready to go pickup meals around 10:30 or 11.  Distribute frozen weekend meals.  Why today.  Town van is picking them up and tomorrow is a holiday.  Town would have to pay employee double time.  Shows Town's commitment to feed kids.

Tired of going to FIL's.  

Enjoy the day.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Sun and 40 this morning.
We had 72 warm degrees yesterday so we took a walk. Lot's of folks out in their yards enjoying the sunshine.
Our son the car painter dropped off two mask for us to wear when we shop. It's been about ten day's but another trip next week for sure. It only last so long
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Hang on to your toupee, gang!

Winds of 40 mph today and temperatures in the low 40s. Definitely no bike ride and probably no walk either.

Quiet day yesterday. I did go for a walk. It's interesting to walk through a neighborhood and look at the houses and trying to estimate when they were built. Nothing on the agenda for today. Went to the grocery store for a loaf of bread. Looks like I'm set for groceries for a while. Gas down another 3¢ to $1.26.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning folks

It is 58 right now.We had a couple of rain showers yesterday. Of course one of them was when I was removing a wayward tree at the fence line. I raked out the leaves from under the azaleas in the front yard.

I weathered some wheels and began working on some trucks last night. Hope to continue weathering tonight. I also want to do some track cleaning.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 25 outside my window this morning. The winds from yesterday are headed east and it looks to be a pleasant day today. High should be in the low 50s according to our very good friends at the NWS.

I would like to announce that I got a lot done yesterday and was very productive - but I can't. Did nothing but watch movies and play solitaire (and eat). I did look it up and the last time I put gas in my car was on Feb. 29th and I still have a half a tank. That's why gas is so cheap. They can't give the stuff away right now.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, today is Good Friday, but with our current situation, the whole Easter season seems strange. We haven't been in church in weeks and this Sunday, no standing-room-only crowds. And yeah Tom, no driving, I head to to Post Office and Walmart and maybe a local drive-thru, but can go a whole day without going anywhere. I guess that's what they want us to do. Got the new truck over two weeks ago and the odometer just turned over to 00300. Waiting It was chilly yesterday, at least for us. In the low 50's, and I did have a chance to try out the heated seats and steering wheel. No frost on the windshield, but it was probably the last chance to do that until Winter hits....

Did hit the small Walmart early yesterday, no crowds, had lots of stuff on the shelves, even saw folks with toilet paper and paper towels in their carts. Still, some things were scarce, but nothing like a week ago.

Temps suppose to stay cooler for a while, got a storm heading in from the coast later today and another one early next week. If that sounds vague, than blame those conflicting weather guessers...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
hi all . we had a windy evening yesterday , had to go into foothills today to get some new shocks for pool the old ones from last year turned into a sticky mess . other than that been chomping at the bit to hit the water for some fishing , so its still tying time or working on some model's.
I have nearly finished a kit that I must have bought about 35 years ago. I know I bought the paint at a show in Ottawa. I forget why I didn't complete it. Now to see if the transfers from 40+ years ago still work. There's a second car that is less finished. (LNER full brakes, corridor and suburban, if you must know.) The finish is called varnished teak and it has to show wood grain -- I do that with a very streaky paint job.
We are now getting 2 papers delivered.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Went east.  Horrible winds.  Did spray food plots and around barn.

Stay safe.
Greetings, gang.

35 headed for 55 with rain, sleet, and snow for tonight and tomorrow.

When I got home from my walk yesterday I ran into the neighbor. She had the dogs out. As soon as they saw me they both charged me. I gave them a bunch of petting and attention. They seemed to like me. The neighbor said it was unusual. Normally the dogs are ornery towards most people. She and her fiance are both chiropractors. She told me that effective today they both got laid off for 3 weeks. They are leaving in the morning to visit her sister who just had her first child. She's from the New York City area. For such highly educated people ya just gotta wonder!

Laundry and baking are on the agenda for today. Gonna make a rhubarb cake and get the laundry caught up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, suppose to rain last night, looked outside and not a wet spot in sight. Still have a chance today and Monday. Just have to wait and see.

Stayed home yesterday, didn't even go check the mail. I see that Michigan is even restricting visits to friends now. I talked to a lady that her job takes her around to help different seniors in their homes and she's concerned that she may have to stop what she does even though it's an essential service by definition. I have to wonder about that, even Meals on Wheels has a "no contact" rule, but her job requires hands on when she works with seniors. But then again, in better times, she could always spread the flu, a cold or some other germ, so she's careful about how she does her job, regardless. Our cleaning lady assured us that she disinfects everything between jobs, even before all this happened. Our weeds are growing again, but lawn care is not an essential service, I just hope the HOA police remembers this when they drive around looking for infractions. Just hate to see these people heading to the unemployment line, let's hope that the curve flattens out soon...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Sun and 60 today
Yep our wonderful Michigan governor has us locked down tight. In spite of howls from all over the state she has not backed down on her no lawn service order. All these people laid off and home can't even buy a gallon of paint or lawn products to keep busy. She has ordered stores like Lowes to rope off all her non essential items. The only things you can buy are for necessary home repairs.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Goooood morning.  Slept late.  Cooked western omelet.  Rested up.  Was real chilly.  69 and sunny now.  

Will ride over yard on lawn mower today.  Ribs at SisterIL's later.

SJ, think that is a little much from Gov.  If you are in the store, why not buy?  She needs to be taken down a notch or two.  Legislature in Kansas over ruled Gov. there.

All stay well.
Good morning folks

It is 44. Supposedly it will reach 53 but it is still windy. Yesterday the winds were really bad. I had to chase small potted plants and trash cans lids around the yard.

No modeling but I did run some trains for a time.

I have to go to the pharmacy and pick up meds for my wife. Then hit the drive through grocery store and get milk, bread, and a couple of other things. We have these stores called Swiss Farms that started as a drive thru milk store over 50 years ago. For us it has always been the place to get milk, eggs, and bread.

I just got an Ebay package. It is a couple of Lehigh & Hudson River Atlas locos. I guess some test runs later.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery