The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and hot - what's new!

I was quietly productive yesterday. Swim and ride the bike in the morning. In the afternoon I did some much needed maintenance on the outdoor trains - lube, clean wheels, etc. When the asphalt crew left on Thursday they had the street still blocked off with cones. Apparently someone decided early Friday morning that the street was ready to reopened and stacked all the cones neatly at the curb on each end of the block.

This morning I have a few projects line up. Laundry, mow the yard, ride the bike, and maybe run some trains this afternoon. Also need to take a string trimmer out to Carol's grave and trim around the edges. She always wanted the sidewalks trimmed to the point where in the early days she took a kitchen knife out to keep the lawn from encroaching on the sidewalk.

My furry creature chaser that I ordered two month ago landed in Chicago on June 28th. 4 days later it resurfaced in, of all places, El Paso, TX. It arrived in Des Moines at 2:30 this morning and left there at 3:45 AM. With luck it should be here Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully that will keep squirrels, cats, deer, raccoons, and other woodland creatures away from the trains and solar lights in the back yard.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 07-04-2020, 06:55 AM