The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Morning.  Church online.  Now hot and humid.  Rain and windy tomorrow.  Now they say not going to be a hurricane.  Biggie TV station wants it to come to us.  Should stay east of us.  Not good for crops as that is big farming areas.  

Off to FIL's to spray GlasStar Plus [Roundup].  

Hope all have a safe and healthy week ahead.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good afternoon folks,

It is 84 going up to 89. We had rain this morning and they say more may come. They are telling us we could get up to 5 inches of rain on Tuesday from Isaias.

I had a frustrating night with the layout. I was trying to run a train but it kept stalling. I traced the problem to an area in the front of the layout. For some reason there are a come pieces of track that the I have to fiddle with to keep the connection. I replaced them with a small success but the train runs a few times around the layout then stalls. I fiddle with the track and it goes. The area is a section of temporary straight track. I may try again today to see what happens.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom
There was a power problem on a friend's layout which he had adapted to DCC but included a lot of heritage stuff. One section had a stuttering problem. We finally found that part of the DCC bus had come adrift and the power to one large section was going through the rails in one block and the rail joiners were not totally tight.
We had a major thunderstorm this morning but the roads and sidewalks were perfectly dry (with the occasional puddle) for our 3:00 walk.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(08-02-2020, 07:25 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Tom
There was a power problem on a friend's layout which he had adapted to DCC but included a lot of heritage stuff. One section had a stuttering problem. We finally found that part of the DCC bus had come adrift and the power to one large section was going through the rails in one block and the rail joiners were not totally tight.

David
Apparently my problem is with rail joiners also. I found that one was missing. Adding that one solved about 90% of the problem. I still occasionally have the problem. I am thinkingperhaps the joiners are loose. Over the next few days I hope to investigate some more.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

I think our Canadian friends have left the freezer door open. It's 51 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Thigh high for today is only supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Very quiet day yesterday. Watched a very entertaining F1 race. The winner crossed the finish line with a flat tire. The announcers said he had a puncture but several other drivers had very similar flats. I suspect a bad batch of tires. Off to the gym this morning. Nothing else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, kinda overcast here yesterday, they said it was smoke from the fire in California. Big fire there, little ones here. They shut down I-17 again to put out a fire. Why all the fires along I-17, don't have a clue but this is probably the fifth or sixth time they've shut it down this year because of fires. This freeway goes between Phoenix and Flagstaff and there's a lot of traffic heading north on Friday and south on Sunday all summer long. I wonder why, not because it's around 25-30 degrees cooler up there by any chance. Nope 

Just about finished with my layout wiring. Just one more connector to go, just that I don't have the right crimping tool to connect the wire to the pins and I'm using #16 gauge wire since it's all wiring from the power packs and lighting power supply. It is going about ten times as slow as it should, but I'm half-way there. Awesome 

Everyone, have a great week.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning.  Sunny and 89.  Tropical storm to hit east of us.  We will get rain and some wind.  Weather guesser lady screaming the sky is falling.  Her superior last night painted different picture.  Create excitement so folks will watch.

Sprayed three backpack sprayers on FIL's crush and run.  Also around some trees.  Lots of poison on his lot.  Tired when I got through as humidity was horrible.    

Got gas for generator if needed.  Flags down and so is hanging baskets.  Umbrellas are put up.

Run some errands.   

Hope all have a great day.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Just got an email from Model Railroading saying that their books on wiring are on sale. Wonder if they've been spying on me or if they're just trying to sell me something, Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
hi all . Monday again and another month has rolled away , where have they all gone seems like months are only 20 days long . leg still giving me problems have a ultra sound appointment   early tomorrow , see where i go from there . been working on P2K  PS2  covered hoppers  and several more pages of billboards , need to catch up on painting cars that have been completed next .  CE would you keep the humid weather Smile , Tom could you ship any extra cool weather our way .

Jim
(08-03-2020, 08:27 AM)ezdays Wrote: Just got an email from Model Railroading saying that their books on wiring are on sale. Wonder if they've been spying on me or if they're just trying to sell me something, Eek

Don  seen one of there books on wiring and you more than likely have forgot more about wiring that the authors of those books ever new .
Good afternoon folks

It is 86 going to 87.

Apparently the track of the storm has changed and now the center of the storm will pass over Philadelphia. Here in Delaware County we are now under a Tropical Storm Warning until further notice. We could receive 5 inches of rain with wind gusts up to 65 mph tomorrow.

I got to run trains last evening. I almost solve the stalling problem. Still have one area to figure out what is going on. I began renumber a couple of Accurail LNE wood truss boxcars. This is the first time I have tried to decal anything in quite some time. The Accurail renumbering decals have been a little problematic. I have a couple split in half. LAst time I used these type of decals I did not have any problems.

Maybe I will get some work on the layout remake later today.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
(08-03-2020, 01:46 PM)tompm Wrote: Good afternoon folks

It is 86 going to 87.

Apparently the track of the storm has changed and now the center of the storm will pass over Philadelphia. Here in Delaware County we are now under a Tropical Storm Warning until further notice. We could receive 5 inches of rain with wind gusts up to 65 mph tomorrow.

I got to run trains last evening. I almost solve the stalling problem. Still have one area to figure out what is going on. I began renumber a couple of Accurail LNE wood truss boxcars. This is the first time I have tried to decal anything in quite some time. The Accurail renumbering decals have been a little problematic. I have a couple split in half. LAst time I used these type of decals I did not have any problems.

Maybe I will get some work on the layout remake later today.

Tom if the film is getting brittle with age a coat of either gloss pf flat  lacquer will often help prevent splitting . 
Jim
(08-03-2020, 02:34 PM)jim currie Wrote: Tom if the film is getting brittle with age a coat of either gloss pf flat  lacquer will often help prevent splitting . 
Jim

I am done with with it for now. I only had two cars to do. If I get anymore I will coat the decals. Now thinking about I will coat them now before I store them. They were not that old. Of course I don't know how long they were sitting in Accurail's store house.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Another cool one in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning.. 51 right now headed for the mid 70s later this afternoon. Warming trend for the rest of the week culminating (nice word, Tom) in a high of 90 by Saturday.

Routine day yesterday. Trip to the gym followed by getting rid of yard waste and used motor oil. Also did some minor cleaning in the lawn shed. Off to Des Moines for some shopping and a "get out of the house" trip.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, don't know what we hit yesterday, but watching the noon news, they were saying it was already 106 in Phoenix and 110 here in Surprise. Don't know about today, but there's still an excessive heat warning in affect.  Hope all you folks on the east coast keep out of the way of that unpronounceable hurricane. Who picks these names anyway? I guess the same people that decided we have a monsoon season with haboobs instead of dust storms.

Got my layout wiring done, just cleaning up a bit now, the next big thing is to test it all. I might just put on a hazmat suit before plugging it all in. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and