The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 71 going up to 77. Pretty gloomy out there this morning. They say it is supposed to be partly cloudy.

Took the Maine coon to the vet yesterday to get his annual shave down. He does not like to groomed anyplace other than his back and in the past he has gone after groomers to the point no will touch him. They have to knock him out to groom him. Since he is 17, we are always concerned. He did fine and is a much happier kitty today.

Continued weathering reefers. The Chateau Martin express reefer that arrived the other day. It was fully assembled with Kadee couplers. It was a little light, so I added some weight. When I get more metal wheels I will change out the plastic ones.The MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley reefer arrived yesterday. I spray painted the metal base black. I ran some trains yesterday. I tested an Atlas Reading S-1 and a Proto 2000 Chessie SW9/1200 from that were in the surprise box. Again I hate install the couplers on the Proto 2000’s.

I have to run to PetSmart to get the dog his prescription food. Unfortunately, the one nearest to us is out of the dry food in the size we use. This means I have to go to Delaware to get it. I need to check to see if Delaware is on Pennsylvania’s no-go list. I know it is on New Jersey’s.

I hope to continue weathering reefers and building the LV one.

I will never forget what happened this day. I t was one of the few days I was genuinely scared. I worked in a government building sitting on top of hill on the flight path to Philadelphia International. With all the rumors going around and lack of accurate news we did not know what was happening other than government buildings were being targeted. I decided to leave the office and go home. Just before I left the Governor closed our building. I will never forget the feeling of relief I felt walking in the door at home and seeing my family or the quiet that night as there were no planes flying overhead.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-11-2020, 07:38 AM