My first Scratch Build.
Almost done...

Made some more progress on the Interlocking Tower. I decided to mount it on a 1/8 craft plywood base, slapped together the platform for it to sit on and did a bit of landscaping. Still some details to finish up, however I am excited that I can almost consider this inaugural build "done".

[Image: DSC03351.jpg]
[Image: DSC03352.jpg]

I mounted a 3mm amber coloured LED inside the top floor to light the interior. I scuffed up the lens, and painted it to look like a lamp. I'm trying to get that lonely light in the dark look. LOL!

I took some "night" shots but they all turned out blurry.

I also finished the galvanized roof flashing. I made it out of some copper tubing that I ground down to less then half its diameter in order to get the curve that I wanted. I soldered the for pieces together and glued it to the roof. The smoke jack is also in. I would like an opinion on what colour I should paint the roof flashing. I was thinking about just painted it black or a forest green, but then the thought occured to me that I could make it weathered copper green and that way stay true to the material used. However the prototype used galvanized steel, so perhaps a dark grey instead? What do you folks think?

The pole you see in the back ground is going to be a utility pole. I want to mount a small transformer to it and run a power line from the pole to the tower...the electricity for that lonely lamp has got to come from somewhere right? ;-)
Shane, fantastic job Worship Worship Worship . If they used galvanized steel for the roof flashing on the prototype, then green would not look right. I would stay with the prototype and paint it whatever weathered galvanized steel looks like. My 2 cents.
Kurt
Thanks Kurt. Big Grin

I did end up painting the flashing a grimy black and dry brushing a bit of rust on it. Plus added some rust streaking down the singles after the flashing.

Getting there. The only things left to do are detail the utility pole with a cross arm, a small pole mounted transformer and then I'm going to attempt to run some "wires" from the transformer to the tower.