TRAIN WRECK...WAITING TO HAPPEN....
A friend sent me this LINK.

I'm surprised that no one else seemed to react....perhaps asleep at the wheel?

Wayne
No kidding!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Seems like even the person taking the video didn't want any part of it. She turned around right after the wreck. I guess she figured that the crossing was going to be blocked for quite a while and didn't care to see if anyone needed help. Cameras are everywhere now days and sometimes that's a good thing.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I haven't seen anything about it in the newspapers. Did it happen too far west of Hwy 27?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I don't know, David, as I'm not familiar at all with the highway system of Saskatchewan. 

I am, however, a bit confused by one of the links that appears with the wreck video, showing one of the locomotives on fire, too.  It appears as if it was the 27th car in the train which derailed first...seems odd that so much ahead of it would be affected.

Wayne
(01-28-2019, 09:30 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: I don't know, David, as I'm not familiar at all with the highway system of Saskatchewan. 

I am, however, a bit confused by one of the links that appears with the wreck video, showing one of the locomotives on fire, too.  It appears as if it was the 27th car in the train which derailed first...seems odd that so much ahead of it would be affected.

Wayne
The locomotive was a DPU (helper) and it just kept pushing while the cars in front were leaving the track. 
Charlie
Thanks, Charlie, that sorta explains it.  I wonder why, though, they were using a DPU:  the train was only 52 cars and there were two locos on the headend.  Most of Saskatchewan is not at all similar to the Rockies or Swiss Alps.  I would have thought that as soon as the train went into emergency due to it breaking-up, the DPU not only would have braked, but also cut power.  I must admit, though, that I'm not totally familiar with how they work.

Wayne
Wayne: the Hwy 27 I meant is the one that runs up beside Malton Airport. Dig at parochiality of a certain city.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Surprisingly, that's the highway to which I thought you were referring, but it made me wonder if you had perhaps not seen the reference to Saskatchewan. 

I've heard from some Hogtowners that the source of sunshine has a connection to the nether regions of their anatomy, which may explain the "aromas" present just about when you hit the Gardiner Expressway.  I do have friends in Trawna, though, so don't want to make too much of an issue out of these things.   Misngth

Wayne