The rebirth of the Canyon State RR
(04-10-2021, 07:17 AM)ezdays Wrote: Thanks guys, yeah, I've already filled in those empty spaces. No, I'm not building a second one, Nope

Sure you will...as soon as you fill up the first one!   Icon_e_biggrin
(04-13-2021, 12:30 PM)Mountain Man Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:17 AM)ezdays Wrote: Thanks guys, yeah, I've already filled in those empty spaces. No, I'm not building a second one, Nope

Sure you will...as soon as you fill up the first one!   Icon_e_biggrin

NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O WAY-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y   Nope Nope Nope Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Did just a bit of detailing. Had a small hill at the south edge of town that was just brown. I ballasted the nearby tracks and added a bit of green, no biggie, but it can now count as scenery... well I hope so anyway....

Looking south

looking north

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looks great Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks Mike, don't have too many hills that I can plant anything on, and flatland on my layout is too sparse and way too expensive to not allow developers to do with as they wish. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
My father, who taught geography, told me that farmers and developers like the same sort of land -- flat, no features, few trees, etc. Farmer additionally cares about the soil.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Just a baby step in progress, but I've been needing some decent looking vehicles, and so I found a couple of police paddy wagons, both painted alike, but thought one would look better as an armored car. These seem just a bit oversized for N scale, but vehicles like this are a bit larger anyway.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Cool looking armored car and paddy wagon.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
The cop car looks a little more like a EMT with those colors. Love the armored car, that was a great idea!
Mike

Thanks guys, you're right Mike, that would make a fine EMT vehicle. We need that more than a paddy wagon in our small town. It's heading to the paint shop as we speak....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well, the town consul thought that since there was only one town drunk, and he had a key to the jail, and the crime rate would be zero if it wasn't for those moonshiners, they voted to trade their paddy wagon for a much needed ambulance. Here's a few shots of it. Strange how closely it resembles the paddy wagon in construction, thank you Mike for that.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Any reason the EMT's are following the armored car? Are they expecting an armed robbery? What kind of neighborhood is that anyway? Big Grin
Mike

(06-03-2021, 05:05 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Any reason the EMT's are following the armored car? Are they expecting an armed robbery? What kind of neighborhood is that anyway? Big Grin

Well, it's payday in Santa Maria and the armor truck has the payroll. Those EMT's are just being a bit suspicious since that road leads to the train station and the town hall is in the other direction. It was just a wrong turn at a busy intersection. Waiting As I pointed out, our crime rate would be zero if it wasn't for Otis, the town drunk, and a few moonshiners that get caught thanks to Andy Taylor, our town sheriff, and his assistant, Barney Fife who was  snatched up when their series was canceled. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Got some changes in the little town of Santa Maria. I've got a few more shots of the EZ Ways Furniture complex that includes a building that wasn't part of the challenge, That building came from my old layout and just required a bit of repairs. Along with that, when the smaller challenge building was moved, it made room for the sporting goods store to move in its place. No changes to the parking lot or lighting. Icon_e_biggrin

One more project, I just realized that now that the town has bought an ambulance, there is no place to bring patients, so I have an apartment kit that I'm sure with a bit of tweaking, I can give the town the hospital they need. The footprint is only 1 1/2" x 3" and there are several places it can wind up. This will be my next project, let's hope it turns out better than some of my other ones... Icon_rolleyes

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looking good Don!
Mike