Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar
Thanks.
I finished the cars up to the weathering this past week.

[Image: 202091319486_DSCF8869.JPG]

I gave them a final spray with dulcote the the decals blended right in.

[Image: 2020913194914_DSCF8871.JPG]

[Image: 202091319508_DSCF8870.JPG]

And I got a cover hopper project completed up to paint.

[Image: 202091319520_DSCF8868.JPG]

It's a roundhouse covered hopper. It was inspired by a similar one that Doctor Wayne built and posted pictures. I built the one on the right a year ago and decided to build a second one. I added weight in the form of brass BB shot and I'm waiting for the glue to dry before gluing the roof on and then painting.
Those look great Glen!
Glen,

Applause  Thumbsup

Lutz
I figure I should finish what I started with the cars. Unfortunately all of my previous photo links went bust but I'll show how things turned out for what I was working on. I completed th other three, with different degrees of weathering. 

The CN reefer

The USRA boxcar. This turned out to be my favorite out of the three. It represents a fairly early boxcar on the CN with grabs instead of ladders and a staff brake wheel.
I gave these two a light to medium weathering with my airbrush. I like to use a mix of polly-s rust, grimey black and dirt. The Polly-s dirt can be used as a light overspray to fade the paint and decals slightly. Then 'll use it a little heavier on the lower parts of the cars, ladders and roofwalks.

And finally the USRA hopper. I built and painted the one on the right a few years ago and managed to weather the new one to match.
Great-looking results, Glen. Applause Applause Applause 

Wayne
Thanks Wayne, your advice on the reefer's heater really helped. It will come in handy in the near future as I found a true-line reefer that will be needing one.