Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
Onward and forword!

Organizing model railroad stuff and keeping it neatly organized is a continual battle for me.  I had two screwdrivers I was using to install trees this weekend and I can't tell you how many times I laid each one down and spent minutes trying to find it again in the 10 feet between my desk and the section of the layout I was working on.  I think "95% done" is usually as good as I'll get things here, and when I'm in the middle of a scenery project, my office looks like the Wreck of the Hesperus with stuff strewn all over.

About 10 years ago I built a box I can stand on to work on my eye-level layout (got tired of falling off of chairs).  Started with a shipping container and put a cover of 1x10's over it - 27" square, 20 inches deep.  Found it makes for great storage for railroad-related stuff, especially if I segment it up by installing some cardboard boxes inside.  Most of my scenery materials and paints eventually make it back in there.  I cleaned up this morning because there were threats of people coming over after my father-in-law's birthday party (false alarm).  Now I'll be pulling a bunch out to put finishing touches on Mud Run while I watch the Stupor Bowl.

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by TMo - 02-12-2023, 03:27 PM