Finally, some updates at Dunnville...
You're right, Lutz, sometimes you just have to figure out a way to do something, then just do it!  Never mind if it's not the "proper" method, as long as it works, it's good.

Wayne
Just got back from the paint shop, and have some photos to update this thread.

Here's the platforms, still masked after getting an application of Scalecoat paint on the roofs...

...and a look at the underside, which shows the added-on blocks which fit into openings cut into the cork roadbed, where the crossovers were originally located...

Here's the platform in place, as seen from the roof of National Grocers...

...and as you can see, the platforms are not exactly aligned with one another.

...and a few views, courtesy of Secord Air Services...

...a view  along the track...

...and one from the roof of Bertram's...

While the platforms are about as finished as they're going to get, I still need to ballast all of the nearby tracks, and add some ground cover and maybe a few trees to the adjacent area.  Hopefully some passengers and other details will show up when the place looks more presentable

More photos...once I get around to it.

Wayne
Wow Wayne, those are outstanding. A really great job. Now I need to weatherproof my passengers too.  Worship Worship
Charlie
Doc---I've always been impressed with the Dunnville passenger station and those platforms really finish the scene---very well done.
Worship Worship Worship Applause Applause Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
If your goal is realism, then you are there my friend.... Applause Applause Applause Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Nicely done Sir!!!  Soon those platforms will be packed with LPP waiting for the next train.  Smile
Very impressive Wayne,

now it is looking like an urban commuter station at a sleepy sunday or an bank holiday.
But we are keyed up how it will be looks alike at the rush hour. Imagine how hundreds of dashing commuters crowding the platforms in haste ...

I discovered brass jewelry onto you workbench, can we hope for new threads dealing with the rebuilding of rolling stock?

Lutz
(07-28-2020, 11:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Very impressive Wayne,

now it is looking like an urban commuter station at a sleepy sunday or an bank holiday.
But we are keyed up how it will be looks alike at the rush hour. Imagine how hundreds of dashing commuters crowding the platforms in haste ...

Lutz

Thanks, Lutz, but I think that the crowds may have to wait, at least until I get the track ballasted...there's about 30' of it to be done.

(07-28-2020, 11:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: ....I discovered brass jewelry onto you workbench, can we hope for new threads dealing with the rebuilding of rolling stock?

Lutz

Yeah, work on those two locos has been started, but I was sidetracked by other projects...not just the station platforms, but a couple of other locomotives for a friend.
One was a damaged and poorly-painted brass locomotive, while the other is a Tyco/Mantua Pacific, which I've modified into a Hudson.  I still need to install a decoder in it, plus a bunch of other hardware, as he's decided that it's going to become a so-called "dead-rail" loco.... battery-powered, and controlled remotely with a wireless handheld DCC throttle. 
It's turned into a rather expensive experiment (for him) and I was surprised that he was interested, as he's long been anti-DCC.  His layout is currently all DC, and he just wanted to try a locomotive that didn't need clean track in order to run reliably.

Wayne
Here's Mogul 34, with the first train to arrive at the newly-built covered platforms....

...and a little later, about to cross the concrete span over Negro Creek...

The seven railfans, to the left, apparently have nerves of steel, and enough brains to keep off the unfenced right-of-way, too. Misngth

Wayne
Those railfans are probably much smarter then most I would imagine.  Great overhead shots courtesy of Barney Secord I presume?  Wink
You're right, Shane.  I forgot to include the usual "Aerial photos courtesy of Secord Air Services". 

I was riding along with Barney at the time, and after taking the second picture, he put the 'plane into an Immelmann roll, and I got clouted by one of the empty beer bottles which had been rolling around on the floor of the cockpit.  As a result, adding the credit slipped my mind.

Wayne
Hahaha!!!!
Great job Wayne!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks guys! Goldth

The next pictures here will be, I hope, of ballasted track and some ground cover.  It should have been done years ago,  although if that had been the case, the crossover turnouts would have been where part of the new platform now sits.
I'll probably cover the platform and station, along with the pump and compressor factory, using Saran wrap, as otherwise they'll end-up cemented in place.  The portion of National Grocers adjacent to the highline will get the same treatment, but the lower portion of National Grocers will be removed.  Otherwise it will make part of the tracks inaccessible for ballast work.

Wayne