HO Road Striping Tape
Where can I buy a roll of thin, 1/32" wide, one-sided white tape suitable for road stripes on an HO layout?  I've struck out at all the usual craft and office supply store options, as well as eBay and Amazon.
There are two go to places I hit for exactly what your doing, the Auto parts store, you'll find auto pinstiping there, works GREAT! What, dont have what your looking for at Autozone, well try Parts City, 0'Reillys, NAPA, or any of the many auto parts stores in your town Thumbsup . 

OR....check out the striping for airplanes at hobby shops, in your area preferably, or online. 

Either way I have ALWAYS found EXACTLY what I needed going those two routes Icon_e_wink GOOD LUCK! Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano,

Thank you for the leads.  Two of them do not carry 1/32" width tape.  The other two were already closed so I'll have to call them tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I drilled down an Amazon search and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tape-Whiteboard-G...B000CCNTTU

It's hard to discern the "whiteness" of this tape on the website, so I contacted the seller.  Any experience using this particular brand and color for your road stripes?
OMG, BUY THAT TAPE NOW! Eek WOW!! that tape is matte, better then anything I have got for roads Icon_redface , my advice, BUY THAT TAPE Applause Icon_e_biggrin
(07-13-2020, 06:11 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: There are two go to places I hit for exactly what your doing, the Auto parts store, you'll find auto pinstiping there, works GREAT! What, dont have what your looking for at Autozone, well try Parts City, 0'Reillys, NAPA, or any of the many auto parts stores in your town Thumbsup . 

OR....check out the striping for airplanes at hobby shops, in your area preferably, or online. 

Either way I have ALWAYS found EXACTLY what I needed going those two routes Icon_e_wink GOOD LUCK! Icon_e_biggrin

(07-14-2020, 07:09 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: OMG, BUY THAT TAPE NOW! Eek WOW!! that tape is matte, better then anything I have got for roads Icon_redface , my advice, BUY THAT TAPE Applause Icon_e_biggrin

Deano,

No auto stores, etc. in town stock or can get tape that narrow.  1/8" is the smallest they carry.

So, do you really think I should jump of that matte tape?   Cool
Just an N scale guy thinking out loud, but isn't 1/32" a bit narrow for HO gauge road striping? That's less than 3", I have used .040 Bishop PCB drafting tape for N scale striping, that  comes to a bit over 6" in the real world. I rolled it out on some clear Acetate and painted it white or yellow. Can't do it anymore, the tape I have is old and has lost most of its stickiness, but it came in widths from .015 on up to around .50 if they still make it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(07-14-2020, 08:11 PM)ezdays Wrote: Just an N scale guy thinking out loud, but isn't 1/32" a bit narrow for HO gauge road striping? That's less than 3", I have used .040 Bishop PCB drafting tape for N scale striping, that  comes to a bit over 6" in the real world. I rolled it out on some clear Acetate and painted it white or yellow. Can't do it anymore, the tape I have is old and has lost most of its stickiness, but it came in widths from .015 on up to around .50 if they still make it.
Yes Don, really, I use 1/16 for all my single lines, and for the thick wide line use I use 1/8 , but hey, I'm not a master modeler by any means Icon_redface  , I just use what I can get if I feel its within reason, and do my best with it Misngth  . HONESTLY THOUGH, that matte tape posted just totally knocked my socks off, WOW, very nice Applause  .
(07-14-2020, 09:36 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:11 PM)ezdays Wrote: Just an N scale guy thinking out loud, but isn't 1/32" a bit narrow for HO gauge road striping? That's less than 3", I have used .040 Bishop PCB drafting tape for N scale striping, that  comes to a bit over 6" in the real world. I rolled it out on some clear Acetate and painted it white or yellow. Can't do it anymore, the tape I have is old and has lost most of its stickiness, but it came in widths from .015 on up to around .50 if they still make it.
Yes Don, really, I use 1/16 for all my single lines, and for the thick wide line use I use 1/8 , but hey, I'm not a master modeler by any means Icon_redface  , I just use what I can get if I feel its within reason, and do my best with it Misngth  . HONESTLY THOUGH, that matte tape posted just totally knocked my socks off, WOW, very nice Applause  .

I bought a roll of white masking tape thinking that I could trim it down using my balsa wood cutter tool. It did not work well, but that 1/32" stuff there should work really good for N scale. Looks like they do have 1/16" as well if you scroll down the page. I'm going for it too....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
some time back I made a tool for cutting tape strips to what ever width you want , I simply super glued a #11 blade to a strip of finished metal (I used 1/8 inch) then clamped it down to top of smooth work bench then took roll of tape and rotated it against the blade , to  get smaller strips I used a scrap of flat brass under tape roll . could cut strips as small as .020. the blade last a long time if you cut quality tape .