Building Paper Card Stock Alley...with some "cheating"
I've managed to spend some more time on this project.  Sometimes you get caught up in the little details, trim, flashing...that kinda stuff.  Cutting and gluing walls together is one thing...adding the details is another am I right?

I was going to cut my own shingles, however after I spent about 15 minutes, cutting one "course" of shingles I decided my sanity was not worth it the effort this was going to require.  So I ordered a couple of cedar shingle sheets off Northeastern Scale Lumber. (I've used their products before and was pleased with them, so why not?)  When those arrive I can finish off the roof on the Tavern/Restaurant building. I also modified the roof of the tavern as I didn't like how it overhung onto the Grocers Roof.  It occurred to me that perhaps once upon a time there was an older building next to the tavern that was torn down...so in order to modify the exterior the builders decided to wall it in and paint the clapboard siding to match the existing siding on the building.  At least the rationale I'm going with.   Icon_e_biggrin   I also built a chimney for the building, made out of some basswood that I laminated with a brick pattern and then layered other courses of brick around the top.  I used some 1/8 dowel cut into small stacks that I then painted black.  I plan on putting a slope style roof in the center of the roof area and give it a green weathered patina look to finish the major structure parts for that building.  The Grocer (yellow brick) next door is pretty much it, I need to add a roof texture and roof details however, that's all it's going to need.  I also started cutting and assembling the walls for The Hardware Store which I just finished putting together today.  I went with a dark brick and brown clapboard siding up top with a 2ft overhang at the back. The beauty of building like this is a structure I'd normally need to layer the clapboard siding around the entire exterior I can just leave flat because the buildings are getting just butted up against each other.  I just apply siding to the exposed areas and call it done.

That's it for now.  Take care everyone.    

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building Paper Card Stock Alley...with some "cheating" - by tetters - 11-02-2020, 12:38 PM