The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, a bit late, overslept a bit and so I gotta rush Had a setback with my new eye yesterday, and so they made an early morning appointment for me, just she told me one office and a email confirmed a different one, so I have to call as soon as they open to see where I go.

Gas here has not changed still at the gouging level. $5.19 and up is now the new normal...

Heading to what was Brenda's this morning, had a good crowd on Friday, seven of us sitting together, one was Brenda's husband, plus about eight more regulars, just like old times....

Take care, stay safe and have a great week....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good afternoon folks

It is 66 heading up to 74 and the sun is shining. We had some boomers come through last evening. Had one of the loudest booms in many of years. It literally shook the house and the noise lasted for about 30 seconds.

Well it finally happened. My son and wife tested positive for covid. My son earlier in the week and my wife yesterday. My son is basically over it and tested negative yesterday. Since he was vaccinated and had one booster he said it was like a really bad flu. The wife is vaccinated and twice boosted. She also got the antiviral medication. It is hitting her like a normal flu at the moment. My daughter and I are trying to avoid getting it. I slept on the couch which made one of the cats very happy.

I did get the second Athearn Tropicana reefer built and I started on one of the Con-Cor ones.

On the way home from stump removal and stone spreading watching I need to hit the produce store and pharmacy.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 51 this morning and rain is on the way. High today in the low 60s again. Could get as much as 2 inches of rain by the time it's all over Thursday night.

Furnace guy showed up late yesterday afternoon and of course could find nothing wrong. Talked about possibly replacing the $300 circuit board if the problem continues. Since the furnace is over 20 years old I'm leaning more toward just replacing it.

I need to mow the yard today and this evening I have a baseball game at 5:30. I was surprised yesterday when I discovered gas prices dropped by another 3 cents down to $4.03.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, much early this morning,  woke up about 2:30 and have been awake since. Got our family dinner tonight, I hope I don't fall asleep at the table....

Called the eye doctor's office, they said to go to the office where they made my appointment. Got there, had problems checking in. About ten minutes later, they call me to the desk, "you don't belong here, you have to go to our other office". I knew that, I tried to do that, but the gal on the phone seemed to know better. Curse Curse Anyway, my eye is swollen and so now I have more drops to put in. Not a big issue apparently, but kind of scary when things get worse instead of better.

Surprised that gas is going down anywhere, we seem to be the last to know of any price drops, still see most here at $5.19. The highest I see in the Los Angeles area is $6.81. We are now well past the $100 fill up with promises of $7.00 a gal coming to you neighborhood soon.

House cleaning lady due in this morning, no other appointments today.

On my way to what was Brenda's. More and more of the early crowd is returning, the name change doesn't seem to matter, the ownership does.

Take care, and prayers for those in need...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Trying to keep in touch even though not much going on here. When it's warm enough we play in the garden, when it's not I just goof off.
Politics? The two leading candidates that could win over our present dictator have been accused of submitting too many false signatures. No surprise there.
Sun and 69 for today. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks.

It is 64 on it's way to 65.

Got home from work and did a few house chores. After dinner I got sucked into watching Ghostbusters Afterlife with my daughter. The movie isn't fantastic but it was still entertaining. Did some laundry and then it was time for bed.

Wife is feeling better but very tired

I am thinking of putting together a hobby box to take to work to keep me busy at lunch and during any lulls. Speaking of lulls we are in one for the time being. The contractor has to get some approvals and has to wait until the end of June before he can work in the river.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning folks, temps a bit lower than what was in the forecast earlier, still up to 104 (TV lady still saying 107), down to 90 on Monday though. This weekend starts the traffic jams between Phoenix and Flagstaff. Bumper to bumper heading north on I-17 all day Friday, the same heading south on Monday. No need to worry, I'm staying home for the holiday. Need to fill up the gas tank this morning, I'll go to Costco, still low there at $4.99999999. Makes me think of the "99 cent only" store where prices show as, "0.999 rounded up at register". Somebody is going to sue, claiming false advertising.

Got two appointments this morning, should have time to finish up on my control panel, I feel guilty every time I walk past it and know I could finish it up quickly if I just take the time.

Have a great day, and prayers for all those victims and their families of that Texas school shooting...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

49 headed for 54. The rain has just ended and it looks like about an inch in the rain gauge.

Not much happened yesterday. I got the yard mowed. Then after supper I took a nice long walk in the rain. Very pleasant. Today is laundry and packing. I'm leaving tomorrow for my grandson's high school graduation. I'll be back Tuesday. Participation may be spotty at best over the coming weekend.

Gas price here has stopped dropping. Jumped yesterday from $4.03 to $4.34. Somebody must have read an article about what the national average is. I'm certain it has nothing to do with the approaching holiday weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good afternoon folks

It is 67 heading up to 71.

Not much happening. I did some laundry last evening. I did not make it downstairs to any modeling as I spent time trying to understand my new insurance bills. We switched our auto and home over to a new company and the billing documents are confusing.

I did make up a hobby box for work and during lunch and downtimes I work on a couple of reefers.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning all, temps in the low 100's, a bit over normal, but back to normal (high 90's) by the weekend. Still no sign of rain, Lakes Mead and Powell are low enough that they're talking blackouts and brownouts this summer. BTW, they did shut down a coal generating station up in the Four Corners area a few years ago making us more dependent on the Colorado  River for power. Do we need more power? Well, Surprise publishes a list of current building permits every month and I counted 2500 new homes being built in our city alone, with thousands more just finished, all needing power and water. I'm not counting the huge apartments and condos they're working on as well. There are also a couple of hundred homes going solar, so that helps a bit.

Not much else going on around here. The primaries are coming up and we know so much more about how much the other candidates are scumbags and liars from their opponents, that we would be fools to vote for any of them. But then, which ones of those liars are lying? Waiting

Got one appointment today, going to otherwise relax, saw my chiropractor yesterday, and screwed my back up again a few hours later. Eek Sitting helps so it's either a lot of TV or maybe I can repair my control panel while sitting...

Have a fine day today, but remember to say a few prayers for those Texas folks, they are in real need of help and comfort right now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 67 and going up one more degree to 68.

Did more laundry after work. Tonight I will need to water the plants.

I finished assembling two Con-Cor Tropicana reefers. I have one more to go but I need to change the number. First step is figuring out how to get the existing number off. I am also looking at assembling an old Branchline kit of a NYO&W 36' wood reefer and some old Roundhouse wood express reefer kits.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Well, good morning everyone, Friday, the start of Memorial Day weekend here in the States. That means, stay off of I-17 heading north beginning this morning, and coming from the north starting on Monday morning unless you're a bit of a masochist. Lots of folks heading up to cooler country. We used to do that trek when the road was a two-lane highway, heading up to the Oak Creek Canyon campsites. We went early, could pick our favorite spot, set up camp and pay the ranger. Now days you make reservations, pay up front and can't even get into the gated campgrounds without proof of having reserved a spot. Times have changed.... Looking at 104 here today, high-90's for the next few days, not so bad that I'd want to do that bumper-to-bumper freeway thing.

Got a busy morning, two appointments and the cleaning lady is due. Beyond that, just going to take it easy, that's what holidays are all about. I noticed that Walmart already is selling fireworks. A bit early since by state law, you can't use them until just before July 4th....

Take care, be good and enjoy the long weekend if you have one....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 67 and heading up to77. Weather guessers say thunderstorms are heading our way with the possibility of flooding. Out on the project site the contractor is taking some measures to hopefully minimize any potential flooding damage.

Lately it seems like the only household chore is laundry. I was going to water the plants but found it was raining which was a total surprise since no one said anything about it.

I assembled an old Branchline NYO&W 36 FT wood reefer. I fixed a Bachmann Tropicana reefer that was not moving easily. I do love the Exact Socket tool to clean out the wheel holes on the trucks.

Not sure what we will do this weekend. Hoping for negative covid tests today. Even with that the wife will still be restricted. I do need to wash the car. Will throw something on the grill if the weather permits.

I have a few express reefer to build. I have four Tropicana reefers and a RF&P caboose to weather. There is one more Tropicana reefer to assemble after I change the number.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello Blue
It's 66/74 for today. Finally a day with no rain. The back yard has water laying on it.
There was a memorial service for my wife's brother on Wednesday, Thursday evening a brother in law passed away. A family gathering was already planned for today and they decided to have it. Of course neither of these events were/are close to us. We will have to drive back there again this coming Wednesday for the funeral. Nothing else of interest to jaw about.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks, it's kind of slow here in the Hobo Camp, but it's a holiday weekend and some are busy and even traveling. The TV news showed a shot of I-17 around 5:00 yesterday and it didn't look too busy. Wondering if the record gas prices has anything to do with that. I also notice that traffic is a lot lighter early in the mornings too, could also be that the snowbirds have all flown home. None of this has any affect on gas prices though, most Costco's here are now at $5.09, I see $5.49 in New River, just north along I-17.

Got my house cleaned yesterday, the cleaning lady likes to sit and chat for a while which is OK, I have the time. There is a "no soliciting... please", sign near my front door, yet I do get an occasional sales guy anxious to let me know that he's not selling anything when I point to the sign, those are usually peddling solar power, which is popular here. Their pitch is that they are not selling solar panels, but there to save you money pointing out how low your power bill will be, but not mentioning the monthly payment for the panels offset most of that savings. I had a guy ring the bell the other day, pointed to my security yard sign and obviously wanted me to switch to his company. I told him that I was personal friends with the owners and have been with them a very long time, but  he was still talking when I shut to door. I guess they think that those signs aren't for them, even though in our city, they are committing a misdemeanor by ignoring them.

Enjoy the weekend, and don't forget to pray for those victims in Texas, SJ's family (sorry to hear that) and for all those who gave the ultimate to defend our freedom. That's what Monday is all about, to remind us not to take our freedom for granted, it was fought for many times. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and