The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Big Grin 
Good day all.
        It has been an interesting week here. We had 2 rainy days in a row with over 2 inches of a soaking gentle rain, a far cry from the severe thunder storms the TV channel was predicting. 
        I had a visit from a Danish friend I had met at the Kiski in 1998 and despite running trains when he arrived they wouldn't run. He was here Thursday and we did have a fun visit. 
Par for the course I went out to the railroad and managed to find I had picked up a throttle that would light but wouldn't run the trains. I discovered I had plugged it into a cat5 crossover cable (talk about a bear to find) so I checked all the cables and found 3 crossover cables that found there way from the train room to the wire cutters for end removal null
While I was searching for problems I found a disconnected cable to a walkaround outlet that had not been working for a year and now it is back in order.  I actually ran trains for a couple hours on Friday and an hour this morning. 

It is a bit on the cool side, and cloudy but the rain is over for now. 

Hoping everyone is safe and healthy 

Cheers
Charlie
Wow, almost noon and no one has checked in. I was up at 7AM, posted my daily photo, and then i made a 3x4 form and poured a front stoop by our front porch. Mixed the concrete in my little 3.5 cu ft mixer. When I bought cement last Wednesday I was going to go to the closest Home depot but they were $5 a bag higher priced than the store that is 6 miles farther. I needed to get my prescription anyway so it wasn't a wasted trip and I bought 4 bags of cement so I saved 20 bucks which more than paid for the 2 gallons of gas to get there.
We have a perfect day here so I have nothing to say about it.

I will remember those that gave their lives so we could have the holiday that honors them,
Charlie
Good morning, yeah Charlie, not much activity here, remember, it's a holiday weekend. It's a bit late for me even though I was awake at 2:00 and got up a little after 3:00. Just was sitting out the couch, no TV, no phone, only me with my eyes closed hoping to take a nap.  USFL football in a half-hour. They all play in the same stadium, very low attendance even though tickets are only $10. I guess traveling around is too expensive for such a new league.

Temps today in the mid-90's, still kind of mild for a while, just no rain anywhere in the forecast until June 12, and I haven't a clue how they can see that far ahead. Guaranteed that will change.

Working on my control panel, lots and lots of broken solder joints to repair. I used solid 22ga wire and I should have used stranded. My bad....

Have a safe and fun-filled day....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Well I can check in.
It's a sunny 80 degrees this afternoon.
We ventured out yesterday to a family gathering, was surprised to notice there was less traffic than on a normal day. Even on the freeway.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Happy Memorial Day, gang.

Weather at the base of Mt. Rushmore has been pretty nice so far but that's over for a while.  55 now headed for 53 so not all that pleasant. 

Graduation party Saturday and ceremony yesterday went off without a hitch.  Today is a day of rest and recuperation.  Tomorrow morning I'll be headed back to the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, today is Memorial Day, many folks are enjoying the holiday with trips to the lake or campsite or a back yard BBQ, but I hope they also remember those that fell so they have the freedom do what they chose on this and any other day.

Not much else going on here, just trying to take it easy since the rest of the week is super busy for me. My left eye now seems more clear than my right one, I'm scheduled to get that one done on Thursday, then two more weeks of eye drops and no heavy lifting.

Today I might get my control panel repaired and a new frame made. The new overlay is slightly bigger than the old one and it's too risky to try to trim it down.  Beyond that, I have no plans for today. Lots of war movies on TV all weekend and I suspect today as well.  Also, I think there's another football game on today. Yeah, the players celebrate, but no "chicken walks", pounding their chests or dance routines, just football.

Have a great day today, and remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, regardless of the country, even if this isn't Memorial Day where you are.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello blue
sun and 90 today, for us that is hot enough.
The last of the big hobby shops has announced it is closing. P&D Hobby. They were big on O scale 2 rail, we shipped scale trains all over the world.
Yes I said we as me and my wife have worked there in the past.
S.J.
Good morning folks

It is 79 and heading up to 87.

Not much planned for today. I did get the flags out early this morning. Just going to try to relax some. I have to rubbed down some ribs and put them in the oven shortly.

The wife had a rough day yesterday. She was running a fever and not feeling well. She tested negative for Covid so this is something else. She suspects a UTI. She has a telemed with the doctor later this afternoon.

I did a fair amount of cleaning and straightening up around the house yesterday. On Saturday the wife and I were in the yard doing a few things when a storm came up. At first it was a light rain so we figured we would wait it out in the gazebo. Well the rain got a lot heavier but it was still a relaxing time sitting in the gazebo watching the rain.

I weathered the RF&P caboose, the NYO&W wood boxcar, and four Tropicana reefers. I removed the number off the last Con-Cor Tropicana reefer. I had to touch up the paint a little so I need to seal it before I renumber it. I am debating whether to assemble the car o not before I renumber it.

I do need to run to the grocery store and get some things for my lunches during the week and a few things for the cupboard.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning folks

It is already 79 and heading up to 92 although some fortune tellers are calling for 97.

Not much happening on the project site other than trying to stay cool and hydrated.

I renumbered the Con-Cor Tropicana reefer and assembled it. I hope to weather it tonight and then I can run the new version of the Orange Juice Train.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning all, back to work for those that took the holiday off, lots of somber ceremonies yesterday, too many folks have no concept of what it took to keep our freedom, just another holiday to them. I remember as a kid growing up during WWII. I remember food and gas rationing, blackouts, air raid drills and newspaper headlines always of war. I should have been a lot more scared than I was, but the fighting, thanks to our armed forces, was in other lands. We should have Memorial Day every day, don't ever forget what they did for us....

Temps still just under 100 today, then heading up from here. June can get a bit nasty here, several times in past years it's gotten up to 120 and then some. As for gas, it's up there too, Costco and Sam's Club both at $5.14, some brand name stations at $5.69.

Busy day today, got a PA coming to see if I need home health care. Some sort of program set up by my insurance company. I usually tell them I'm not interested, but this time I'll listen first. I've got enough doctors that I see, I have to carry a list so I can remember them all, I don't need to add another one to that list. Nope

The old Brenda's is looking like old times, many familiar faces showing up early. Strange how one person's personality can drive folks away. That other woman just about ruined a viable business. Even Brenda's husband shows up now. He tells us that Brenda is doing a lot better and has two more weeks of therapy and there's a good chance that we'll see her once that's done.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and be happy.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning guys and dolls. 
       Another beautiful day in southeast Ohio. We had a beautiful week end too. No rain until tomorrow afternoon so perhaps I will get the mowing done once again. 

I ordered steel for my front porch roof this morning. It was $4.75 a linear foot. The same roofing I bought a year ago was $2.97 a foot. This is ridiculous. I do understand though that it is the high cost of energy, not only to transport, but to make goods. 

I am working on my spare mower. It appears to have a stuck starter so I will be taking it apart to see what I can do. 

Don, I am glad your old breakfast nook has returned. When I was working the hydro plant (35+ years ago) I would go to the plant and make sure all was well then head for breakfast. The same folks were there daily and I made a lot of friends that I missed when I went to the railroad. Sadly most of them have died, and the restaurant has shut down and the building has fallen into dis-repair.  It is great to have company at the breakfast table. I am lucky that my wife is still with me and great company too. We had our 59th anniversary at the beginning of May. 

Maybe I will work on installing a decoder this evening. 

Cheers
Charlie.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 50 headed for cloudy and 70. About 10 degrees below normal.

Got home about 2 yesterday afternoon. About 2:30 my phone rang. The stone is finally ready fro my son's grave. It will be placed at 9:30 this morning. It's taken almost a year. Other activities today will include laundry and lawn mowing.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning folks

It is 66 heading up to 84 with a chance of storms.

I put the cages on the tomato plants. I had to make a pharmacy run last evening. As a result no modeling done last night.

I have to take my wife to the orthopedic doctor to get an injection in her knee.

I hope to weather the Tropicana reefer tonight.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning everyone, June is here, summer is not that far off. We should be back into the 100's starting today.

Charlie, you're right, the place has that old feeling back, the word got out quickly. You can go to most any decent restaurant anywhere and find a group of the same folks that are there just about every morning. Some have groups that meet on certain days, others just have a bunch of nice people show up regularly. Brenda's, oops, Youngtown Diner, has that small town feel in an area of almost five million people.

Spent all morning trying to get an appointment with one of my doctors, "your call is important to us, we'll be with you shortly", well, their "shortly" is much longer than mine. Stay on hold for ten minutes and it switches you to the beginning as if you just called. Finally had another appointment nearby and stopped in his office, got an appointment right then. Times are so different now with all this technology, were they really that busy or was their phone system screwed up?

Almost finished with my control panel. Got all the broken solder joints repaired and made a new frame. Just need to find a way to mount it. I'll have time today.

You all have a great day today... Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
My grip with phones. All these company's using out of the USA for customer service. I totally hate all of them.
After a few 90s we are back to 80 for today.
The garden is in and the plants look happy.
S.J.