The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks.

It is a pleasant and sunny 73. Going up to 82.

It was a fairly light weekend. My wife and I ran errands to the produce store, pharmacy, and grocery store. She felt well enough to venture into the produce store and grocery store. The produce store is small, being it was a gas station, and the grocery store had scooters. I was able to get a couple loads of laundry done with assistance with the heavy lifting from my kids. I finished our taxes. I still need to finish my son’s. There is some information he needs to give so I can finalize them.

On the layout I ran trains. I first test my new Atlas Master Locomotive series Silver Trainmasters in Reading livery. Just like in real life these locomotives are brutes. I am in the process of seeing how powerful they are. I am currently running one Trainmaster locomotive as the power on a 40-car coal drag made up of two-bay hoppers. 40 cars are the longest train I have had on the layout. I am thinking about going to 50. This will mostly use up all my 2-bay hoppers and removable coal loads.

Tonight I need to see if I can get another load or to of laundry done since I won’t be able to do any for several days after the surgery. I also would like to get the photos and video done for a Trainmaster run by.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good mornin' ya'll 

We have sun and 64° but rain is still a possibility. We have had over 5 inches of rain for April, getting close to the record. 

It is odd but according to a news clip the price of oil dropped due to the Iran attack. That has to be a misquote for sure. 

I need to cut grass but I still need to attach pontoons to the mower.

Tom, take it easy and don't do any lifting at all for a while, let things heal properly or you will be right back where you started. Let others take care of you, you deserve it. 

Summer is not far off
Charlie
Hi all. well things are about the same here kind of cool and very windy haven't done much on the layout did get an overhead creeper so I can work easer in the fourth level without having to do a balancing act on a step stool.
stay safe Jim.
Dayle is feeling a little sore in the side and is having trouble pulling the handle on our LaZboy sofa. So we went out this morning and bought 2 chairs with push button controls. Delivery was estimated next week, possibly this week, and she put a note on it. Phone call this afternoon --- between 9 and 10 tomorrow morning. And they will take away the old one.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 56 with a 100% chance of 1-2 inches of rain today. Could be a good day to sit on the porch. Depending on how strong the storms get I may even go for a walk.

Over the weekend I got the oil changed on the car and the mower. I considered mowing yesterday but there's only one small area outside the back door that really needs it. Guess I'll wait til after the rain. Track meet for one of the great-grandsons this afternoon but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled due to weather. I also made some clips out of old clothes hangers yesterday to help retain the solar rope lights around the outdoor train. Small furry woodland creatures manage to drag them around. Hopefully this will keep the lights in place.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, a beautiful day yesterday in the high 70's. Today, a bit hotter, in the high 80's. We still haven't hit our first 100 degree day yet, we're a few weeks behind the average, but could do it yet this week.

Gas is dropping slightly, the Fry's station near my house is still low for the area, $4.04, a dime cheaper that either Costco or Sam's. Got an early morning appointment, then I'll go fill up before they realize they're the lowest in the area. I always try to make my appointments early, I even have some booked at 7:00. Today's is 7:45 and I know I'll be taken in early or at least on schedule. Yesterday, I had a late afternoon appointment, 4:00. The phone reminder said to "come 15 minutes early". Well, 45 minutes later I was still in the waiting room. It was well past 5:00 before a PA came into the exam room without an apology. They don't mind telling you to come early and seem to care less that you waited to be seen well past your scheduled time. Why not call and say, "come 30 minutes late, we're running behind"?

That's it for today, I hope your day goes well.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

51 and a little breezy this morning with winds about 25 mph. Could get to 30 mph later with the temperature in the low 60s. The NWS delivered the minimum amount of rain they promised yesterday. We were scheduled for 1-2 inches of rain and I had almost exactly one inch in my rain gauge.

The only activity planned for yesterday was a track meet for one of the great-grandsons. Even though the sky was clear and the temperature was a very pleasant 70 degrees the meet was apparently canceled. Only problem with that was that no one bothered to notify me so I made a 35 mile round trip for nothing. This morning I need to make a grocery run and this afternoon should find me at the gym unless I suffer a motivation crisis.

Gas was down to $3.12 yesterday

All stay safe.

Tom

4/17
Hello Blue. Rain early AM, storm line expected early evening. It might touch 70 for a few minutes today.
Yes I have added the date as the Blue is not very accurate. I ventured out yesterday, first time after the stroke. Did OK. Gas was $3.49 most places. 
Many of the club members have already arrived at York, opening day is tomorrow but there are bandit meets around town today.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning, good morning, rise and shine. There was a "Hagar" cartoon the other day where the guy said, "rise and shade" as he stood behind a cactus in the morning heat of the desert. Typical since it looks like our first 100 degree day is now moved to Monday.

I just filled up for $4.03 at the Fry's station near my house, the same price that Sam's and Costco are at. The next lowest in the area is $4.35.

Got some errands today and a few phone calls. Need to find out how negotiable my ISP and satellite providers are on price/service. Too many choices now days not to consider changing.

Enjoy the day
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
All railroad operations and MOW have been stopped on the MF&W.... not that there was that much to begin with.....
My father-in-law passed away about 1 year ago and now my wife and her sister are helping her mother clear out the house.
This is the last week out of the past 5 months.
I now have boxes of collectables and record albums sitting along the front half of the layout and all along the floor in front... Oh well.......
We're slowly moving these intruders to other places in the house... but it's going to take a few weeks.
Big Grin Big Grin Maybe I'll see the layout run by July

I'm dropping my Jeep off to the repair shop... It got a RRRRRRRRRRR sound in the engine compartment. No animals, I checked!!!!
Mechanic says it sounds like a loose pully, we'll see how much this turns in to....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Good evening

We had a line of strong storms move through and all are clear now. We didn't have any damage that we can see but we did get a lot of rain in a short period. 

I worked on trains for a while but not a lot of progress, just fooling around.

Stay safe. Tomorrow will be a great day for everyone.

Charlie
Greetings, gang.

43 going to maybe 53 this afternoon with more rain.

Had an interesting experience at the gym. Monday the water was "a little" cool at 79 degrees. I did swim my half mile then went upstairs to work out. Yesterday the water was at 88 degrees and felt almost bath water warm. After swimming my half mile I went upstairs but after only using a couple of machines I was really tired and left. Apparently the warmer water temperature really drained my energy. Nothing major for today until this evening when there's a concert for one of the great-grandkids. I do need to get a card for my brother's 45th wedding anniversary.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning

We survived the storm last night and all is well this AM

Tom, maybe it burns more calories swimming in the 88 degree water?  I have a cheap portable sauna and when I use it for a half hour I am ready for bed. Getting into the shower afterward is tough but you are really in need of one after the steam bath. 

I did some airbrushing last night. I am playing with acrylic craft paint and I am getting some good results. I am using those cheap cosmetic air brushes that can be had for 11 bucks or so and I am quite pleased with them. 

Hoping for a great day for everyone
Charlie
Jeeps in the shop for a bit.....It was the Alternator pully bearings going bad.
Have to get a whole new assembly  Eek Shoot
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Good evening folks

This weekend is being dictated by what happened on Thursday with the surgery which is it did not happen. For some yet to be determined reason my blood pressure spiked and would not come down. After speaking with the cardiologist, I must monitor my blood pressure over the weekend and report the readings and we will discuss them on Monday. Thus far the readings are still high but not as high as Thursday morning.

Originally, I planned to take off from work starting yesterday until the following Wednesday. Since there was no surgery, I trimmed the leave time back to yesterday and today. I needed to take today off to get the car inspected. I thought I would need tires and brakes but to my surprise I needed neither. There were a couple of little items. Since the price was significantly lower than I budgeted for I got an oil change and had some filters changed.

Since I was planning on recovery from surgery this weekend nothing was planned as far as chores, projects, and running errands. I guess we will just play it by ear. I was planning to work on tunning up some rolling stock and building some kits. I will probably stick to some of that and add running trains. I am also working on getting photos uploaded so I can post them. The biggest portion will be of the 54-car coal drag pulled by one Trainmaster locomotive. Fifty-four cars is the longest train I have ever run on the layout thus far.

Mikey I hope the jeep doesn't cost too much.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery