The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Morning. 73 and cloudy. Dogs and I chased a batch of squirrels out of the bird feeders. Coffee and Thick Egos. Now relax.

Good news. Slept 9 hours. New record. Slept 6 1/2 hours without waking. Then right back to sleep.

Speak to the graduating class of the 8th graders at Rolesville Charter Academy at 6.

Should start having rain tonight. Watered yesterday so all is fine. Side dressed all my veggie plants before watering.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
I fill in the comments that I can't reccommend any company that asks me to fill out surveys.
Someone said that their company had an automatic survey when someone contacted tech advice. One executive had a problem that took a lot of phone calls ... and got a survey for each one.

Went out to the motorhome today. It didn't start the last time (last summer). Problem is starter moor doesn't go. Neighbour thoufgt it might be a groun, but he couldn't get under it to see connections. Will get it towed to garage. I need new tires -- big crack in one and I think another is flat.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Summer is here. Upper 80s today. Then 90s through the weekend. 58 right now.

Routine day yesterday. Quick run to Walmart. All the bills are paid. Swimming was successful. Set a new personal best for half mile at 26 minutes and 15 seconds. Next goal will be to get below 26 minutes. Double header baseball game last night. Didn't get home until after 9. Not much on the agenda for today. Bike ride in the morning before it gets too hot. Then beer and bereavement this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, warm, but not blazing hot. Still, if I run the cold water for a few minutes, it becomes almost as hot as the water from the hot water heater. I've got a shower that is hard to adjust to cold water only, and so I might just shut the heater off for the rest of the summer. I've lived in Arizona for around 65 years and this is the first house that I've lived it with this issue. Don't know where our supply tanks are, but I'll guarantee you that they are not insulated. For those that don't know, you can get a nasty burn from the water out of a hose that's been sitting in the sun for a while, so water sitting in a steel tank can get just as hot.

Speaking of water, we are the fastest growing area in the country and are having a difficult time keeping up with the growth. Hardly any rain in the past two years, Lake Mead, a major water source, is down by 35', other reservoirs are down as well. They are talking about water restrictions, not for the residents, but the farmers. Not so bright when you need to feed folks...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is a humid 62 with a high of 76. We are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon most likely when I am taking the cat to the vet.

The dog did well through his shave down. Not surprisingly he had an ear infection which we had suspected. He is up and moving around and seems to be doing better than he has been in a while.
The cat who is going to the vet this afternoon is our long-haired old man of 16. For the last ten years at least, he has gone to the vet and shaved down in the late spring. Today is his pre-grooming check up since he has to be knocked out to groom.

(06-02-2021, 07:43 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Tom, I fully understand the problems with a blind dog. When Beck when diabetic he lost his sight in 3 days and as hard as we worked we could never get him to where he had a good quality of life. The disease just kept getting more and more out of control and he finally refused to eat. We really miss him.

Charlie, Scotty went blind within a couple of weeks. It was really fast. His appetite is generally good. We have a day or two every month where he won’t eat. Last night and this morning he ate ravenously, so much this morning I gave him an extra treat. I dread the day when he begins to decline because I know it will be unexpected and fast. It will be very hard on my wife as Scotty is her last connection to her father as the two of them were best buddies and through all of my father-in-law’s dementia the one thing he never forgot was Scotty.

I got the grocery store, the produce store, and some of the meat market done yesterday. I need to go back to the meat market since I left without finishing my shopping. The store was too crowded and by then my tolerance of people especially ignorant ones was too low to be out in public.

Today I am going to run to Target or Walmart to see if I can find some storage bins. If time allows I want to go to Costco and check it out since we just got a membership.

No modeling last night. Hopefully there will be some work done on some PRR passenger cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
75 and cloudy. 1.27 inches of rain total.

Tomorrow is National Donut Day. With shot card, get 2 [instead of 1] free donuts at Krispy Kreme.

Now do some errands with Wifey driving.

Radiation at 5. 
Happy Birthday Chief Eagles!!

2296_  

1990_dancing 
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Happy Birthday, Frank.

Greetings, gang.

Looks like summer has arrived with a vengeance. Highs for the next several days will be in the low to mid 90s. Those temperatures are normally not seen around here until July and August. 65 at the moment.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Dug out some more of the tall grasses on the west side of the house. Guess they don't realize yet that I don't want them any more. I'll probably have to do it a couple more times before they're completely gone. Also did a fairly slow bike ride as it was pretty windy. I'll probably go for a bike ride soon before it gets too warm. Then a swim at the gym. Also need to install a new speedometer on my bike.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, and to Frank, have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Waveof7

Hey, I can't believe that it's Friday already, swoosh.... and here we are again. Had a few medical appointments yesterday, had to wear a mask to both, I cannot understand what most folks are saying when they have them on. The PA was very understandable and no, we didn't need them, and I understood every word she said. My second appointment, the assistant wouldn't come into the room until I put my mask back on and barely understood a fraction of what she was saying. Don't know if the medical profession will ever go back to normal.

Nothing planned for the weekend, just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

Hope you all have a great day and a very enjoyable weekend. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 69 at the moment. High might reach 77. We are expecting some thundershowers at some point today. Right now, stepping outside is like being covered with a hot wet blanket.

Happy birthday, Frank!

Yesterday I picked up an online order for the wife at Kohl’s and some storage bins at Target. Took the cat to the vet. Now once the blood work comes back we will schedule him for his annual spring shaving.

I didn’t get any modeling done. Was too tired from the all the running around.

I am not sure what the weekend holds. Weather is supposed to be nice so outdoor stuff would seem logical. Perhaps we will get some more plants for the front garden.

Modeling hopefully will involve running trains, working on the PRR passenger cars, and perhaps the engine facility yard.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello Blue
Been a couple days.
No special news, we did get our summer plants in. No Maters yet though.  lol
Weather for us in Michigan will be hot. A string of 90s starting tomorrow. For us that's hot.
I might take my Long Johns off for the summer.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Lots of sunshine and warm temperatures for the weekend. 68 now headed for 93 today and low 90s for the upcoming week.

Went for a bike ride early yesterday and then had a nice swim. After that I got the yard mowed and got the new tags for the car. The list is underway for today and will include another early bike ride along with several minor outdoor projects before it gets too warm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Slept 5 1/2 hours. Then started reclinerizing. Sister IL calls and then Wiley keeps barking at something out front of house [Wifey had opened front door so he sees all walking by]. Get dressed and go get meds.

Thanks for all the wishes.

Wifey off to baby shower for her cousin. Got another one tomorrow for our friend.

Steak later today.

77 and sunny. Beautiful day.

Enjoy
Good morning all, today could be a bit hot, around 107, better than the record 115 back in 2016, but still  uncomfortable if you stay outside for a while. Even swimming pools are warming up like bath water. Next week should be a bit lower with a few days maybe under 100. We were supposed to have some rain Thursday and Friday, the rain map shows one spot in the whole county that had rain. South Mountain Park in Phoenix got 0.08" at one rain gage.

Keep getting calls that my credit card is being charged anywhere from $99.99 to over $500 and I need to call "this" number or press "1", if I didn't place the order, or I can press, "9" if I am not me.... Icon_e_surprised or something like that. Misngth I get "package delivery" calls, "grandpa" calls, "frozen account" calls on accounts that I don't have, and the scamming list goes on. Most calls I just let go to voice mail, but they seldom leave a message, except for the Feds that apparently want to arrest me if I don't pay in gift cards or Bitcoins. I say, "come get me", I'm tired of cooking and doing laundry and cleaning up after myself, I need a break, plus I'll get a free lawyer and free medical care and maybe even some cash back when they let me go. Applause ... STUPID SCAMMERS, I may be old and slow, but I'm not as dumb as you think, not yet anyway. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today. For us that's hot.
I ran some trains yesterday, went in there to do something else but the trains called to me. Never did do what I went for.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)