The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 at the moment headed for sunny and 87. A little warm but otherwise a nice day ahead.

Saturday means laundry around here. Otherwise a bike ride when it warms up a little. Don't need to mow as the grass hasn't grown due to a lack or rain. The yard is starting to go dormant. Half to three quarters of an inch of rain predicted fir tomorrow but that won't do much to help the yard.

Continuing prayers for Frank.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, Saturday, slept a bit later as usual. We are still looking at record or near-record heat for a few more days, but as Tom puts it, it's a dry heat, so 118 is like a walk in the park. Waiting Just that if you do that, you'll wind up looking rosy red regardless. Icon_redface The best plan, stay indoors. I tested the tap water the other day, the hot is coming out at 120, the cold is coming out at 97, difficult to tell the difference. My son reminded me that this house has PEX pipes that are in the attic rather than copper which are always under the slab.

As some of our wildfires get under control, new ones spring up. One up in the Pine/Strawberry area is growing fast and there are evacuation orders. Lots of vacation homes and tall pine trees up that way too. The one up where we're headed next week is about 90% contained, and shouldn't be a problem for us. There is no rain in the forecasts, but there is little wind, so that's a blessing.

Hope to see Frank back soon, thanks for the updates, we'll keep him in our prayers as he's done for all of us so many times.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning Blue
        I am glad to read that Frank is improving, I will still keep him in my prayers. 
        Railcop stopped out and we went on a trip to our local hobby shop. It is in Alliance, Ohio It is 34 miles but is about as close as hobby shops come around here and the owner is a great guy. It was his dads shop but he passed away suddenly but the son is trying to keep it going and doing a great job. They have an excellent selection of detail parts so if you need something they have maybe they would send it to you. http://www.robstrains.com/ 
        I got some LaBelle oil and grease, some graphite paint and the pair of marker lights for a K4 which was the reason for the trip. 
        On the way home we stopped at a little Ma and Pop restaurant in Salem Ohio that I had found on the internet. We were not disappointed.  I had a hot roast beef sandwich with gravy and home fries and I seriously believe it was the best I have ever had, and the home fries were absolutely sinful. It is the first time in my life I had to ask for a doggie bag because there were more home fries than I could eat and they were so good it would have been a sin to throw them away. Kevin had the fish and he claims it was delicious as well, and I know it sure looked good. We will have a good place to take our friends when the border opens if it ever does. 
       My garden is doing great and we are to get some rain today so all is well in Ohio. 

Tom (Fiatfan) I am glad you are home safely.  

We need to do another zoom or skype, or we could do a facebook meet with the members that joined the FB page. 

Good day everyone. Please stay well and Don, stay in the AC.  
Charlie
Surprise.  Last Wednesday week, went to ER coughing up lots of blood.  Stayed in hospital until this Wed. evening.  Radiation burnt my throat during all this mess.  Had a surprise pneumonia.  Was so deep they had to run a tube down lung and wash it out.  On supplemental O2 as normal breathing is 88 to 89 blood ox.   They want 90 and above. Wifey stretched a 50' O2 line to office.  Now I can get to PC.  Laptop in Train Box.  

Sad, my farmer lost several hundred acres of tobacco the other week in a 9 1/2" rain storm. Not on my farm but he is like family. No plants so can't replant.  More rain coming tomorrow evening.

Wifey is picking garden.  Coming off good.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Back to the recliner.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
We are all glad to hear from you Frank.  Keep rested and tell them to aim that radiation in the right spot. 
Charlie
Good to hear that you're back home Frank. That's a good sign. Rest will work very well, so take it easy. And, thanks for checking in, you are in our prayers.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Keep going, Frank.

We went out to see a flypast by the Waterloo Warbirds. 3 aircraft ca WW2, saluting the hospitals around here. We were in a spot with agood view, but they came and went so fast that Dayle couldn't get her camera on. They were far enough off that they would have been dots anyway.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning everyone, and a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dads out there. Also, today is the first day of Summer.

David, a shame you couldn't get any shots, I remember when I was waiting to cross the BSNF tracks along US60 and a passenger train rolled by. I couldn't get my camera (or phone) out in time. There is no passenger service along that line, and I've not ever seen one before or since. It's the shots that you missed that seem to stick in your brain.

Still pushing record temps for a few more days. I don't know where MS gets their data for their Win10 weather app, but their "record" numbers are way off. They say that today's record is 123, the all time record for the Phoenix area is 122 and that happened on June 26 where they show 117 as the record. I wonder if they aren't using a different scale than the rest of the world. Waiting 

Take care, have a great and safe day. Fry's groceries is having a sale on ribs, I might just stop by and see if there's any left. A good day for some ribs and potato salad. The family isn't celebrating Father's Day until tomorrow, so I get two days of good eating....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
HAPPY FATHER's Day Blue.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Happy Fathers Day, gang.

Frank - glad to see you back! Keep on improving!

72 at the moment headed for 84. Bright sunshine at the moment but our very good friends at the National Weather Service are predicting clouds. A quick check if the satellite loop (also provided by the aforementioned NWS) shows that clouds are possible but more likely it will be a mostly sunny day.

Yesterday was busy in the morning but I was pretty much done with chores by noon. Got the laundry done, went for a bike ride, and installed the new basketball hoop. In the process of putting up the hoop I managed to get stung by a wasp. Seems as though they were colonizing the support arm. The colony did not survive! Thank you, Raid®!

This morning I watched a very entertaining (and close) Formula 1 race. The race and the rain ended at about the same time so no walk in the rain today. I may go for a bike ride after the streets dry out. Otherwise not much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, hope you all had a fine weekend. Me, I did little next to nothing, still need to catch up on my rest and there's no better time to do that then now, when it's 115 outside. Fires are still raging, one is heading towards the town of Strawberry, another just started up near Prescott. I do see where there's a slightly better chance of rain this week, let's hope it helps those firefighters, although they say that these fires can create their own weather, none of which is good.

The, "Do something, anything" challenge has come to a close and the voting poll is now open, right here. Mikey and I thank all that entered, some got through to the finish line, a few didn't quite make it. Regardless, everyone did something and so the poll is open with all entries, and you can then make the decision on who should get your vote. You can vote for as many entries as you wish, vote for everyone if you can't decide, but please stop by the poll and vote, I think everyone made an effort and deserves the attention.

Have a great week, we not only have the fires, but other areas have their flooding and others, tornadoes, so stay clear and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
86 degrees and guessers say 100 heat index due to humidity. 5.62 inches of rain this month.

Radiation each afternoon this week. Hope to get a portable [one like a big pocketbook you put over shoulder] O2 so I will have more freedom.
Hope all are doing good.
Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning folks

It is 80 and very overcast. We are under a Heat Advisory and a Severe Storm Risk. High will be 88.

Good to see the Chief posting.

Took it easy this weekend. Did a little gardening and a few small home projects, the kind you can do in less than an hour.

I did not get any modeling done. I did get to run some trains and cleared off some of the stuff that was accumulating on the layout.

Have to run the wife to the dentist in a short while. After that it depends on how see feels. I hope to install more couplers and continue clearing off the layout from stuff that I don’t need at the moment.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a chilly 48 this morning but it will warm quickly and reach the low 80s by this afternoon. Along with the warming there is the possibility of some minor storms this afternoon.

Frustrating day yesterday. Walmart trip for groceries was routine. Then I decided to go to Ames (about an hour away) for a new tv. I want a dedicated 4K tv for my Xbox. Got it home and spent several hours trying to figure out how to get the two to play nicely together. Looks like I'll have to make a run to Walmart for a new high speed HDMI cable. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Once I get the two working together I plan to order a steering wheel for my racing games. Other plans for today will be a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning Big Blue,must be some sort of Arctic breeze blowing in, today will be under 110, we set another record with six consecutive days of 115 or higher. Tomorrow should be downright chilly, around 100 with a decent chance of rain, (20-40%).

Got one appointment today, a few house chores and maybe time to work on my structure kit, maybe just time to rest a bit.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and