The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. We just had a light shower and it is rather cool right now. (comfortable 72).

I have been plagued with those nothing is working right blues. I started over a week ago installing a decoder in a locomotive, normally no more than a thirty minute job and it still is giving me problems because the shell won't fit right. seems to be a clearance problem that there shouldn't be so I will go back to it when I am in a little better frame of mind.  I have 3 brass locomotives to do and right now is not the time. To top it off this morning I installed 2 outdoor receptacles for my wife and when I went to put the covers on the boxes they were the wrong ones. I went to a local hardware rather than a big box store, now The hardware doesn't have matching covers so I am going to have to go to a big box store for covers. It's hard to believe all manufactures can agree to downsize product package sizes but products can't be standard. 

Sorry to read about Frank. My prayers have him included.  

Have a great day all. 
Charlie
Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
I will keep you up to date on any news I hear about Da Chief.
His cancer treatments have been halted till he recovers from this setback.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Thanks again SJ for the update. Frank needs prayers and good thoughts from all of us. 

Not much moving on wilderson yet this morning. I am on my second cup of coffee. 

It's a beautiful day today so I may work on installing the gutters (eaves troughs I believe is the term used north of the border, which does in fact sound better Wink )
 on the train barn. I'm going to rivet the sections together because I think I can get a better seal that way. 

No train work today, It is just too nice to be in the train room. 

Stay safe everyone. 
Charlie
Good morning folks

It is now 73 going up to 77.

We had some strong storms move through last evening which cut the humidity down.

I did some more fiddling with the engine terminal yard. I am getting closer. I hope to fiddle some more later.

I am going to make a run to the nursery and get a few more plants for the window boxes. The wife and I came to the conclusion they need another color otherwise they are too dark.

Prayers for Chief Frank. Here is to a speedy and full recovery.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning all. Yesterday it looked overcast, maybe we'll get rain. No chance, what we were seeing was smoke from some of the wildfires burning east of us. Starting to get where it's hard to keep track of them. Each fire has it's own name, usually given from a nearby point or landmark where the fire started. Temps still up there through the week, could get to 118 by Thursday, humidity well under 10% add a little wind and those are all bad things for the firefighters.

Got my smart thermostat installed, courtesy of the electric company, and for that, I had to allow them to control the temp setting during high usage periods. They say they would only raise the temp by two degrees and only for a hour or so and only a few times a week. Yesterday, it was getting a bit warm inside, and so I checked, they had to temp up to 86, Eek fortunately, I can override them, but 86 is a bit more than two degrees from where I had it set. Waiting

Frank is indeed in our prayers.

Have a great day everyone, and stay cool....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Just had a quiet moment and thought I would take a peek at what's going on. Prayers for Frank! I should be home Friday.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, our wildfire situation is, as they put it, extreme. The Telegraph Fire has 1000 firefighters there and has burned 123,000 acres as of yesterday and is just a few miles from possibly joining the Mescal Fire. The Phoenix area is overcast from the smoke. In total, there's over 170.000 acres on fire right now in Arizona. There are more fires in seven other states, all here in the west.

Other than that and the heat, we are enjoying the peace and quiet with most of the snowbirds gone for the season. I had a couple of medical appointments yesterday, masks and temperature taking are still required. One asked me that series of questions about me and where I've been where I guess, if I give the wrong answer, I'd get ushered out of the building... Still many folks wearing masks where they're not required, and I guess some folks causing a ruckus when they fight wearing a mask when it's required, like on airplanes. I carry one just in case.

Take care and have a great Wednesday.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 68 going up to 76. No rain in the forecast until Saturday.

Went to the nursery and picked up some more plants for the window boxes and for the front garden. I will be planting them once I get off the computer.

The only modeling, I did yesterday was in the mental realm as I thought about my engine terminal yard layout and what to do next. Today for a change of pace I think I will work on passenger car tune-ups.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning good people, since this is the start of the Monsoon season, all the TV stations and newspapers have articles on how to deal with the heavy winds and rain. Places you can go to get sandbags to deal with the flooding, what to do if you're driving and a storm comes up and, of course, warnings to stay out of flooded washes. Then they switch to the weather report, chances of rain in the near future.....0% Icon_rolleyes . If there is any rain, it will evaporate before it hits the ground. It's still warm here, 5:00 AM and it's 91 outside and will only go up as soon as the sun rises. 

No appointments today, maybe I'll have time to do some work on my layout. Been finishing up a scene where I moved my second challenge to a new spot that has rail access. Now I need to wire up the lighting. I'm thinking about fiber optics to get some outside lights, I know there are kits available, I need to look into that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 68 heading up to 75. No rain in the forecast until Saturday.

Don I can’t image what 110 feels like. The hottest temperature I felt was 104 back in 1993 when we were in Las Vegas. At the time we were floating in lazy river at a water park. 91 overnight has got to be uncomfortable. Worse I had was a Boy Scout Summer Camp where daytime it was 101 and at night to dropped to 85. No air conditioning in those tents. I slept in a camp chair outside the tent with just my shorts on.

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day outside. I planted the new plants in the front garden with the fountain and the window boxes. I also planted the pots at the fishpond. I even managed some yard clean up.

I replaced the couplers in a PRR Con-Cor P54 coach, and PRR Bachmann Spectrum Observation car. I tried to change the couplers in a replacement Bachmann Spectrum Diner but found out it suffers from the same loose coupler box problem I have with the one I owned. In an effort to maintain my sanity working on that particular car I have put it aside for now.

Today I should run to the hardware store to get the propane tank refilled and grab bird seed. There are a few household chores to tackle.

Tonight, I would like to continue replacing couplers on passenger cars.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning Blue
        We had a low of 48 last night and yes, i turned on the electric blanket. Wink.  I started running an outlet to my pole building lean to this morning. I would, I think, suffer less with a beating than working with underground approved wire. NO rush for this job and only one more end of that stuff to strip. I have to dig a trench to put it in. In this case the 18 inches required will be about 8 because it will be under a concrete walk when it's done. I just think an outlet and a light will be useful if I need to charge a lawn mower battery.
          I did work on the brass locomotive a friend gave me last night. I put a new can motor in it and hope to put the decoder in it over the week end. If that one goes well then I will try the RS12 again. 
          The garden is really taking off. having everything raise is a big help for a hurting back. I may have tomatoes by the middle of July as well as cukes and onions and maybe even some beans. Just for kicks I planted some pumpkins and they came up gangbusters. I put them in the middle of the yard where I had a fire earlier and I am hoping they will produce enough pumpkins that I can supply all 18 of my great grandkids with one or two for Halloween. 
           I am keeping Frank in my prayers. If you have anything new SJ I know you will pass it along

Cheers
Charlie
Good morning everyone, I think we broke two records yesterday, one was that it never got below 91, the other was that it did get up to 118. Have a friend that's traveling around the Dakotas and Montana to escape the heat and says that it got up to 106 there. I think I'll just stay put. They are now calling our "Monsoon" season, the, "Nonsoon" season. Don't expect much rain. Also bad for the firefighters, the Telegraph and Mescal fires merged and is now close to 200,000 acres with over 1,000 firefighters on the lines. There are at least five major wildfires burning in our state, and I think, dozens more in other states. Prayers for the safety of those brave enough to go out there and do what they're doing. Worship Worship 

I hope everyone has a great day, stay safe and stay cool. Me, if I go anywhere it's from an A/C house, to an A/C car to an A/C store and back, so 118 isn't so bad after all. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Raining, going to 85 this afternoon.
Word on Da Chief is that he is improving and expecting to be going home soon.
Yesterday was my birthday, heard from most of our little family, ate at Applebees, food not so good anymore. Probably won't go back to this one. My first choice was still on carryout only, the second was closed for good. Since it had been a local favorite for years I'm thinking our goofy governor's policy's put them out of business.
I don't like winter but you guys can have your 100 degrees plus, that's why snowbirds are snowbirds. And like I've said in the past most of your business' depend on them.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks

It is 75 going to a high of 82.

Yesterday was one of those days where the daily chores just seemed to take longer than normal. I did get the hot tube cleaned and running. I have to check on it later today. Ran to the hardware store and got the propane tank for the grill refilled and picked up bird food.

No modeling yesterday.

Today I need to start the quest for prescription dog food. The PetSmart I normally get it at no longer sells it as the veterinary clinic moved out. I know this is going to be fun.

If I can I hope to work on coupler conversions for more passenger cars.

Good to hear the Chief is doing better and will be going home.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

90 at the moment but supposed to the low 60s tonight.  Humidity is low so it feels positively cool compared to Houston.  Temps there were in the mid to upper 90s and humidity generally north of 60%.  Very nasty.  Now, Don's heat is dry so I'm sure he's not suffering at all! Icon_lol 

Home safely, pizza in the fridge, car is unloaded, and I only heard "are we there yet?"  a couple of times on the way home. Nope The remainder of the day will be spent resting.

Glad to hear the good news on Frank.  Prayers for his continuing improvement.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)