The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a crisp 44 going up to 50. This was our second morning of Frost Warnings. I brought in all the potted plants on Monday.

I have not been here due to a whole bunch of crazy around these parts. Monday we were supposed to get the outside backdoor replaced. The installer was late and of course the job turned out to be much more complicated than expected. He got the door hung but had to come back on Tuesday to finish up the latch assembly and trim work.

Yesterday I got my covid booster and flu shot. I had to try to catch up on some of the running around I missed out on Monday and Tuesday.

Tuesday was also a medical problem day. My wife had a major allergic reaction on her way to work. She made it to work safely and thought she was good. On her way to the library where she works the reaction flared up. She tried her rescue inhalers, but they did not work, and the ambulance had to be called. On her way to the ER, they had to administer an epinephrine pen. They gave her several breathing treatments in the ER and ran a bunch of inconclusive tests. Finally, they gave a name to her problem. The respiratory therapist called it Reactive Upper Respiratory syndrome. The cherry on the cake was when we were ready to leave, she went to use the bathroom. Another patient was illegally smoking in the bathroom and smoke is her most severe trigger. She went into a major reaction. Luckily, they were able to get it down quickly and we were able to leave after nearly 10 hours.

Today we are getting a handrail on the basement steps. The carpenters were just here to take measurements and then headed out to pick up materials.

Over the last few days, the only modeling I got done was inspecting a dozen cars from the last run by. Four of the cars passed. The other cars need various things from new metal wheels to screws added to the coupler clips. I hope to inspect some more tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-04-2021, 09:30 AM