The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening folks

Just getting a chance to sit down in front of the computer. Thanks for the well wishes. Went over to visit the wife. She is more alert and active. However, we are still not out of the woods. They found a second clot. This one in her leg. She is also very anemic. This morning they gave her a blood transfusion and are giving her iron. Her breathing is better, but she has to take a noticeable breath before she talks. For now, we are staying the course of blood thinners with frequent blood tests. We are hopeful she will be home for Thanksgiving.

In the effort to maintain my sanity my daughter and I put away the outside furniture. Tomorrow we are going to impress her boy friend into helping to move the potted plants to their winter home in the attic.

I attached the track to the glued roadbed last night and a little bit ago reattached it to the rest of the layout. I successfully ran several trains over the section. One issue I am having is some locos stalling going through the switches. I am using Atlas switches and I know they have insulated frogs. I am also running DC. I been researching solutions but have come to the conclusion that electrical wiring is a field I will never grasp. All I have done is to frustrate myself. At times I which someone could come over and show me how to do it.

I did change out the plastic couplers on six Bowser hoppers last night. I have a bunch more to go. Some need metal wheels along with the couplers.

I am going to head back downstairs trying to keep busy and the mind from thinking too much.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-20-2021, 06:36 PM