The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, here we are halfway through January already and poor Tom still can't get his Christmas decorations put away thanks to "frozen ground"... Ahh, temps today here expected to be in the mid-70's, current temp at 5:00 is 51. Rain is no longer in the forecast, just a slight chance later next week. I'd be sitting on the patio today drinking a mai tai, but I don't have a lounge chair and I can't drink anymore. Nope

(01-13-2022, 06:53 PM)jim currie Wrote: don what i have done in past with problem screws  is first make sure threads and hole are squeaky clean then to be sure after using thread locker is to spike  the head not enough to ruin screw just enough to put a drag on mating surface.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I cleaned the screws, but not the holes, could be oil or powder residue screwing me up. I did soak the threads in blue Loctite this time, maybe that will be enough. Should have put the breech bolt in the ultrasonic cleaner first.

Back to doing paperwork again, no time left for trackwork. Soon though, real soon...

Take care, have a great day. Stay warm and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-14-2022, 06:09 AM