The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning

Tom, you just reinforced my reasons for no longer changing my own oil. The last time I changed my own oil (10 years ago) I figured by the time I got the filter replaced and found a place to get the old oil disposed of it was just cheaper to have it done.  We have some local dealers that often have specials cheaper than I can buy the oil and filter. Of course they try to sell you other stuff but I persevere and get the advertised price with no additional charge.  I take the Kia to the dealership and the last change was $39 (synthetic oil) and that included a free wash job and tire rotation and I had 2 hot dogs and a coke + a cookie on the house while I was waiting. I passed on the $200 dollar brake job and the air and cabin filters and wiper blades even though I did need them. The brakes were done by my son and the filters were a 5 minute job. The wiper blades still work fine but we do have a new pair waiting 

We had some rain last night but not the storms they predicted. It is a beautiful morning but another chance for thunderstorms this afternoon. They are predicting a cooler week ahead. 

I got my grass all mowed but it is growing so fast it could be done again. With the price of gas it will get cut once a week whether it needs it or not. 

I got a few more locomotives out of boxes and on the new yard trackage. I found a few I had misplaced so now it is coming along. I had a district that lost power and I was lucky to find the loose wire immediately.  I did know where to look because I had wired the new section to the main board and I had accidently let one wire out of the terminal block but it was still touching until yesterday when something moved and it became separated completely  causing an open. I had figured it would be tough to find but I would rather be luck than good in this case  Icon_e_biggrin 

I was glad to see Bruce post on Friday, now if we can hear from Deano, Todd (Tmo) and Steve it will be great. GEC and his tarantulas is still awol too among many others.  

Tompm I hope they can get your hearing fixed up and I hope you can get your wifes medication.

Days, I hope all is well with you. I see you posted before I got this up so I will edit. That is real scary about the live round in the wrong place. Is that a semi Automatic?  I hope they can give you some answers. If that was an automobile there would be an instant safety recall.   

I hope every one has a great week ahead. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 04-16-2023, 07:27 AM