The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening 
      We had another pleasant day here in Southeast Ohio.  It is currently 84 degrees with a small chance for a thunderstorm this evening. 

I mowed the back yard today and that was my biggie.  

I made an appointment to take our 14 year old dog to see if acupuncture will help her arteritis.  We have a friend that is a vey and she does it but she is in Atlanta Ga. She thinks Bonnie is a good candidate because she is so healthy otherwise.  I am thinking about tring it for my shoulders. Their is a MD close by that does humans. 

I got a good buy on some Amfleet cars so I have been building them for the past several days as time permits. That will be as much as I am going to get into Amtrak. I may add some old E8's in patched PRR or other roads if I can find a great deal somewhere down the line.  

Days, I can't make out the  reporting marks on that drop center flat that has the transformer load. Kasgro has some of those cars they keep in New Castle. The make it all over the country.  I know several guys that used to ride the trains with these type loads (and others ) for a company that kind of kept them rolling instead of being waylaid in yards for stupid reasons.  One time the would not leave the yard because of a broken cotter pin. He happened to have one in his box of tricks and took care of the problem.  One friend spent several days riding new locomotives through the Canadian Rockies  to see they were delivered on time to The British Columbian railroad.  He has fabulous photos from that trip. 

I hope the heat wave breaks for you all soon. Isn't it almost time for the rainy season? 

A good day and a better week ahead for everyone
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-24-2023, 03:37 PM