The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Another no news day. Just a rubber stamp of the past few days, except that temps are ramping up. Should reach 112-116 on Saturday, still 110+ on Sunday. That could be the last 110 or higher day of this year. That would make it 54, a new record.

No change in gas prices, violence is at a steady pace, drive-by's, shootings, car chases and wrong-way driver crashes. Keep getting calls, emails and snail mail from the newspaper wanting me to come back, but I'm just burned out on local news, and their crappy delivery service; but even more, I sent them an email the other day that any respectable business would have responded to immediately, but not the Arizona Republic. Nooop, I even told the last one that called to read my email first, then call back.... "but sir, I don't have access to that"... tough noogies as we use to say as kids, find a way.

Got a call from the body shop, my door trim part for my truck finally arrived. Back in December, they replaced the entire passenger side of my truck, fender, two doors, rear bed panel, running board and all the trim but one piece. I told her to put an armed guard on it until they can install it but she had no idea why I said that, then she said, "well, it's only been eight months". Don't know who was funnier, her or me.... She still didn't get it. It's on the schedule for next Tuesday.

That's it folks, have fun today, stop by my house if you feel the need to warm up a bit. I start off with a bottle of cold water in my truck and a half-hour later, it's too hot to drink. If I'm going anywhere that takes time, like a doctor appointment, I fill the bottle with crushed ice, but it's all melted and warm by the time I'm heading home.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-07-2023, 06:48 AM