Jumping to DCC and Need Help with Everything
Thanks for the answers thus far. They have given me somethings to think over.

My idea is to run two mainline trains while running a switching operation. I would be looking at 4 to 6 locomotives at the most. One thing I would love to do is run a coal drag powered by my Proto 2000 Lehigh & New England Alco’s in a FA-FB-FB-FA consist.

My current DC layout has only one electrical block.

I am a lone wolf in these parts. Other than Mikey I do not know of any modelers around me. The two that I did know were into N and G, no HO. Both have moved over the last ten years. I avoid the closest hobby shop like the plague. The owner is a jerk and some his hang around customers are obnoxious. My son and daughter went in there before Christmas to get my Christmas gift. According to him the counter person was nice and helpful but some of the other customers were know it all jerks. I used to travel to Wilmington, DE to go to a hobby shop but they closed many years ago. I may have to suck it up one day and visit the shop again, otherwise it means a trip to South Jersey or northern Delaware. Even in Pennsylvania I would have to travel about 30 to 40 miles from home to find a shop that specializes in HO.

There is only one club that I am aware of in the area. I was going to stop by but COVID messed that up. I have visited them a couple of times during their Christmas Open Houses. I was hoping being retired I could spend some time at a club.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jumping to DCC and Need Help with Everything - by tompm - 01-01-2021, 01:06 AM