Interaction Hobbies CPR Portable station
Hi Wayne. It is a laser-cut kit but the contents are a mixture of laser cut basswood, very thin birch plywood and resin impregnated board. the birch and RIB are used for very thin components like the window frames and the wainscoting.
I made some good progress on the model today, starting with one of the interior walls. but first I had to build one of the little gems in the kit, the regulator clock:

The clock is made of three parts. I painted the clock face and the pendulum, then I used a micron pen to paint the dial features.

Then I glued them together and used a brown sharpie to touch up the sides.

The wall went together by layering a number of wall components together so you get the wainscoting and chair rub bar, as well as the door frame attached to the wall. This is the interior wall that separates the waiting room from the stationmaster's quarters.

Before I can go any further, I decided to paint the exterior walls. I started with staining the basswood walls with some A&I as a base.

Then I painted the Barn Red over top. I didn't paint completely over, but used a semi dry-brush technique to show the weathered wood underneath. I did paint  the front a bit more through though, since that would be the most noticeable to railway customers. 
I also painted the window frames and exterior door frames since I'll be assembling them next.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies CPR Portable station - by cnrglen - 01-04-2021, 12:10 AM