Vintage HO Trains.
Varney Outside braced boxcar continues.  

M&StL 40' OB 4383 came in light green and dark green.

SP 40' OB 31560

SP 40' OB 31561

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
About 2 years ago I sent Christian a photo of this house and the dimensions and he was going to see what he could do given the time. I hope he can print this home. It is now the home of the East Liverpool Historical Society.  We have lots of photos of it over the years.     
And those cars look a lot like some older Life-Like cars that were sold under various brands. With a little work they make a nice looking car if you don't scrutinize them too much. 
Charlie
(01-26-2021, 10:18 AM)Charlie B Wrote: About 2 years ago I sent Christian a photo of this house and the dimensions and he was going to see what he could do given the time. I hope he can print this home. It is now the home of the East Liverpool Historical Society.  We have lots of photos of it over the years. 
And those cars look a lot like some older Life-Like cars that were sold under various brands. With a little work they make a nice looking car if you don't scrutinize them too much. 
Charlie

Charlie, Gorden Varney originally made these cars. Lif-Like may have been a company name change. Then came the various others you speak of. 
frank

NOW More and More and More Vintage Varney freight cars. Now for my 40' tank cars.

ATSF 95007

ATSF 101054

another Varney tank car

GATX 62432 DOW Dark Blue

another Vintage 40' Varney tank cars.

SDRX 38000 SINCLAIR, This is the harder to find Sinclair tank car.

Vintage Varney freight car
here are 2 more Vintage Varney tank cars.

UTLX 1956 Bay-Sol
  [attachment=35627]

Attached Files Image(s)

Very hard to find Varney Becco BECX 8914, chemical tank car with a platform and a Varney display stand. 

Here are some old AHM box cars from late 1960 into the '70s.

frank

A week or so ago I got this Red Ball Bordens special tank car. The upside-down bathtub type. The color and lettering is very good as my other two are all beat up.

Here is another oddball Red Ball freight car. A very different oil transporting car. The Overland Oil Transportation Co. rail car.

I'd like to place another HObbyline HO set here. I started with a 1956 NYC 0-4-0t Train set #412 The Shuttle Bug. I go to a boxed set I have of some historical significance to the long-gone HObbyline company. It is their very first train set #1 of 1953. No name was given to this set only the #1. It is a Pennsylvania Railroad set powered by an FM H12-44. Their 1953 catalog has a photo of the set in it. I'll just show a photo of the set the way I received it.

That was a very nice looking train set. Looks to be well detailed. 
Charlie.
What sort of couplings did HObbyline use? I think the set predates the X2f and maybe even Kadee. (Just checked: Kadee started in 1946.)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(07-02-2021, 07:48 PM)BR60103 Wrote: What sort of couplings did HObbyline use? I think the set predates the X2f and maybe even Kadee.  (Just checked: Kadee started in 1946.)

Hi Dave. Mr. J English made his own style split knuckle couplers. They were made of Nylon. They worked well. They are larger than KD's. HObbyline used them from 1953 to 1956 the year when they changed to X2F style. The company shut its doors at the end of 1957. You saw add for their trains in 1958.  
frank

Here is my set #2 from 1953.