Weekly Photo Fun 2/5 - 2/11/21
Conrail MOW truck checking for downed trees across the tracks in Galloway.

Bruce

WOW Bruce---I've always been impressed with your background scenes but this week's photo is one of the best yet---beautiful.
CNR S2A Mikado #3547 pulls into the Leetown yard with a consist of tank cars from Sarnia.

[Image: 50888028547_50be5646de_h.jpg]P1420901 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Bruce - Like Ed said, that background is awesome and so is the MOW truck. Don't see many people modeling them.

Ed - Leetown always has great looking locos and scenes.

Now here is a little teaser.

[Image: Ok0TZV2.png?1]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Ed and Tom, thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Tom, nice job on your program.    Applause

Bruce
Bruce - thanks!

Today was the day the last train ran over the RK&M Layout Version 2. The train known as the Final Flyer performed a photo run by at the Water Tower Diorama.

1of 2

New York Ontario & Western F3A (Stewart kit)
[Image: MJfOXNK.jpg]

New York Ontario & Western F3B (Unpowered; Stewart kit)
[Image: xPyo2Se.jpg]

Baltimore & Ohio Railway Post Office car (Athearn Blue Box kit)
[Image: N4ZKvXK.jpg]

New York Ontario &Western Coach (Bev-Bel/Athearn Blue Box kit)
[Image: V3RaqNw.jpg]

Reading Company Rounded Roof Coach (Bev-Bel/Athearn Blue Box kit)
[Image: llVAF9A.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
2 of 2

Lehigh & New England Coach (Athearn Blue Box Lit; custom painted and decaled by others)
[Image: HzJQV38.jpg]

Central Railroad of New Jersey Coach (Athearn Blue Box Lit; custom painted and decaled by others)
[Image: D3psmDK.jpg]

Pennsylvania P54 Coach (Con-Cor)
[Image: QGzSAEU.jpg]

Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines P54 Combine (Con-Cor unlettered; I added the PRSL and numbers)
[Image: 9N1lHJH.jpg]

Lehigh & Hudson River Cupola Caboose (Atlas Trainman)
[Image: AI92rTQ.jpg]

Here is a video of the Water Tower photo run by
https://youtu.be/N1sfItc17U8

Lastly a video of the Final Flyer as it makes it last trips around the layout
https://youtu.be/O3QCaIkkoDY
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
A memorable run by at the famous water tower scene---I hope this diorama will be part of your revised layout Tom.
Some neat stuff on the way.

This is probably the first kit boxcar I've built in a few years, a branchline Berwick 50' Boxcar.   I might need to renumber it, since the car seems to better resemble a slightly older St. Lawrence NRUC car, but otherwise it looks good. 

I also got a bunch of shapeways parts.   I have picked up some floors for my Silverliner II models.    They look pretty good.  The texture for the floors is kinda grainy, but its not the end of the world.  There is quite a bit of free-standing conduit detail which is neat.   I always appreciate when the underbodies have all the "parts" and not just flat generic stand ins. 

I also picked up some "roof humps" for my Phase II Metroliners.   It would be beyond my skill level to totally convert the proto models to their "rebuilt" forms,  but  the roof humps, when painted, will probably be good enough.  It appears as though the "train phone" antennas are separate parts on the part diagram, so I might see if I can't pop these out from the inside.   When they rebuilt the metroliners, they put the antennas on a raised flat mount, so thankfully, I will not really need to drill into body shells to mount it flush.   

If I ever found a fatally busted Proto Metroliner shell, i might consider cutting it up and using parts of the carbody to make the "patches" over the side intake vents, which were filled in on the rebuilt cars.    The remaining major differences were in the floors and I don't have enough information to do that. 

Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Me too:

[Image: dsc03912hoj0t.jpg]

Lutz
(02-07-2021, 08:54 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: A memorable run by at the famous water tower scene---I hope this diorama will be part of your revised layout Tom.

Yes it will. It does need some tender loving care, however. Ballast needs repair/replacing, trees need replacing, telephone poles need work.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Coming up the hill.      Charlie
Nice shot, Charlie, but I'm hoping to see it in person again, sometime later in this year.

Wayne
Leetown's "other railway"---the TH&B plays an important role on the railroad scene around Leetown,especially serving the Belt Line in the industrial north-end and also switching and transferring products at the Bowyer GERN plant.It creates interesting photo sessions when shared CNR/TH&B power are spotted on the Leetown Division.

[Image: 50927021753_410b4e0e26_k.jpg]P1430010 (2) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Somebodies has to do it.

Bruce