Technology: How Much Is Too Much?
(04-10-2021, 02:27 PM)Mountain Man Wrote: I share your horror, but while tin cans are still available, I will never find a string long enough to reach all of you!

I am however, proud to say that I use an older version of Windows because it works just fine, and I am in no hurry to "upgrade" anything.  I recently refused to purchase a new cellphone - $1200 for the latest model!! ;-0   - because the old one suits me just fine, and I haven't mastered everything it can do....yet.

Somehow, when I make a call, somebody takes the other end of my string, finds the string from whoever I want to talk to and ties the two strings together. They're pretty good at it too, do it in seconds and rarely get the wrong strings attached... Awesome 

My concern with not upgrading software is not getting the latest and greatest, but protection from those crazies that roam the Internet hoping that they can catch someone slipping up. A long time ago, criminals used to rob banks or sell swamp land to make a living, but that required a physical presence. Now days, thanks to technology, they can be anywhere in the world, just looking to gain access to your data so they can cash in. Technology has made it so easy to get screwed by some unknown perpetrator. Some versions of the software I use are fifteen and more years old, but the ones that are responsible for my presence on the Internet are up to the minute current.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Technology: How Much Is Too Much? - by ezdays - 04-10-2021, 07:11 AM
RE: Technology: How Much Is Too Much? - by ezdays - 04-10-2021, 03:07 PM
RE: Technology: How Much Is Too Much? - by ezdays - 04-26-2021, 06:25 PM