tompm's 2021 Do Something Challenge part 3
In that second photo, at the end of the car, it looks like the draught gear box has partially slipped off the black piece that's likely part of the black portion which shows, near the end-door, in the third photo.

I'll hazard a guess that if you can re-position it in a positive connection, it may work as it should.

It's likely that the black material is engineering plastic, which normally is impervious to most glues.  However, LePage offers a ca meant for engineering plastics.  It comes as a two part offering in a blister-type pack on a cardboard backing.

The way it works is to apply the "prep", which looks similar to a marker pen, to the item to be re-joined.
Let it dry for 60 seconds, then apply the supplied ca (in truth, any ca will work with the prep material, and the prep stuff seems to have a much longer lifespan than the included ca, so you should be able to get quite a few repairs out of the material) and then press the parts together and hold until the ca sets.

Make sure to not get the prep stuff on the underside of the floor or anywhere else that's close to the part being repaired , as you want it to pivot in the manner it was originally built.

If my observations are incorrect, then I'm at a loss for a fix....body-mounting the coupler may work, but it may not work well if your curve radii are fairly tight.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: tompm's 2021 Do Something Challenge part 3 - by doctorwayne - 05-23-2021, 10:06 PM