WPF 5/28 - 6/3/21
WPMA-29 sets out two cars of bagged sugar at Atlantic Sweetener.   Have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend. Smile

Bruce

An ore train is crossing Morris Trestle.  It's a short one so one unit can handle it.      Charlie
Bruce, GREAT SCENE Applause , love that engine! Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie, Nice Alco! Applause , would really love to see ya post to this thread weekly Thumbsup , cant get enough scene's of your layout Icon_e_biggrin  

An old pic, but goody Goldth . Having a hard time trying to bring my self to take new pics now that I am redoing everything in static grass after the challenge is done.
My contribution, a pair of tunnels cross the sub...
[Image: lyyVC0D.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
CNR U2C Northern #6153

[Image: 50900466137_fd6d4e4e13_k.jpg]P1420961 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Yesterday morning, shortly after I got up at 11:00AM, (honestly, I'm not really that lazy, but I was working on my Challenge project until just after 5:00AM) there was a knock at the front door.  I hesitated to answer, as there had recently been several incidents where a woman would knock on random doors, and if a man opened the door, he'd get a face-full of pepper spray.
Anyway, since I was still pretty-much in a stupor, I did open the door, and was greeted with a "How ya doin'" then a box was thrust into my hand, followed by"...can't stay...I don't have a mask!"  It took a moment for it to register, then I recognised a friend whom I hadn't seen for some time, due to the provincial lock-down on gatherings.  By then, he was back in his car and leaving.

We did talk later on the 'phone.

Here's what I found in the box....

The person who owned it (not the gift giver) is familiar to me, as he's in the process of selling all of his HO equipment and a very well done layout, in favour of a change to O scale narrow gauge.  The gift giver, a fairly long-time friend, had purchased, at some cost (he's loath to mention the price, but I'd guess it's well into three figures) this boat...

...from the same layout.

He had asked me if there was anything in which I might be interested, mentioning the TH&B baggage car, but I explained to him that I was planning on building some TH&B cars anyway.  Now it will be only two wooden coaches, plus two locomotives and a caboose.

I initially thought the car to be plastic, but the well-detailed body is actually brass, with a plastic or resin roof.  There's no indication at all of the manufacturer, but the details are nicely done.  A nice surprise indeed.

Wayne
Bruce - liking that Conrail loco and scene.

Charlie - Really nice looking scene and loco.

Deano - a couple of hard working locos there.

Ed - As always awesome steamer.

Wayne - That is a great looking gift.

When Bachmann introduced their Spectrum PRR K-4 some twenty plus years ago I purchased one. It was my first steam loco that actually ran for more than a few weeks. When I created the first layout here at our current house about thirteen or fourteen years ago the loco was used quite a but. Unfortunately this led to a still unexplained derailing that resulted in the loco crashing to the concrete floor. The repairs needed are beyond my skill at this time. Over the years I have looked for a replacement. During the last two years I managed to purchase three replacements but I had to return each one due to serious problems with them. When Bachmann announced a new run last year I of course preordered one. Now there is no word on when they will be released. I do not want the streamline version. I know BLI has a version but I am not willing to pay the prices folks are asking.

The other day I came across an International Hobby Corp PRR 4-6-2 Pacific. This one was a Command XXV Premier Gold version and the price was good. I had never seen this line from IHC. After getting the loco and running I do have to say I am impressed. It is a very smooth runner. While it may not be a K-4 for now it will be a good stand in.

[Image: FhwPEjd.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
CNR #1329 leaving St-Henri.

Guy from Southern Quebec.