Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged
Hello,

[Image: dsc03975zejar.jpg]
One of the first tasks was to remove the old open frame. In 1963 these motors were state of the art, but we have 2021 now. 
It was replaced by an China coreless coil can motor of 10mm diameter and 20mm length. These little beasts are twice as powerful as the old motors. The old gear was in good order and was retained. A torque lever and universals by NWSL completed the revised drive train.
The white board is to keep the universals free of cable spaghetti.

[Image: dsc03977gejw8.jpg]
Next task were the current pick ups.
Because this is an engine with outer frames, i had to invert my usual practice. The pick ups were placed outside.
The pilot got the usual flexi coil and for the trailing axle i invented something other.

[Image: dsc03967hnj7a.jpg]
The loco was lifted to sit app. 1mm higher onto the axles.

[Image: dsc03966mukjv.jpg]
The dog house on the tender deck was removed because i found no pictures where a dog house was shown onto a K-27's tender.
The opening was closed with some brass sheet and the rear wall of the coal bunker was further rearward.

[Image: dsc03965ihj45.jpg]
Remembering the excruciating hassle of assembling the "offical" Kadee #714 H0n3 couplers of my H0 C-28.
I read about, the D&RGW used just the same size of couplers for their Standard Gauge and also for their Narrow Gauge.
So i mounted Kadee #158 couplers in #115 gear boxes onto the tender.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread
Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 07-11-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by testone - 07-15-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by TMo - 11-19-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: Getting Narrow M... ähh... Gauged - by tompm - 02-24-2024, 05:41 PM