Bridge replacement -- Guelph

They are rebuilding the railway bridge in downtown Guelph.  I'm not sure what the full project is, but they started by replacing some girders at the east end over Elizabeth St.
The bridge looks designed to support double track but only completed for single.  I think Go Transit is going to double track the line. The streets in the area are being closed on weekends for work. This is right beside where 6167 is displayed.

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
A bridge under the bridge that I didn't know existed.

The west end

The bridge goes over the Speed River, the Guelph Junction Railway and two roads of 4-5 lanes each.
I'm not sure of the age.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
No,
this is not 11'8". There are no open topper box van to be seen.

Lutz
Drove by today. The bit with the far girder was missing, so maybe they haven't replaced it yet. Will look again tomorrow.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Some detail here:
https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/s...os-4324394
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/go...st-1734354
Thanks, n0rthc. I never would have thought of looking in toronto...

East-West traffic is a little messed up in downtown. The usual Hwy 7 -York Road- is blocked for watermain work (all summer).
The next crossing of the river is beside the bridge and the road bridge is closed for safety during the weekends.
There are arrow signs showing things like D1 and D2 but no good explanation.
David
Moderato ma non troppo